"Tank Warning" corrupted?

Hi All!

I downloaded the Kursk Pack as soon as it came out, and am finally about to get started on Tank Warning with one of my regular PBEM players. But, when I open the op, it takes almost 5 minutes to load and I see several white terrain squares. I deleted the files (including the zip), emptied my trash, and went to B'n'T and downloaded it again. But the freshly downloaded file shows the same white squares in the same locations.

Is this a known problem with the file on the B'n'T server, and if so does anyone have a clean copy of Tank Warning to email to me? [ sfjaykey48@yahoo.com ]

Or, is the problem on my system? I am running a P4-2.0 with 256m RAM and 64m Video RAM (Nvidia Geforce something-or-other). I've played big battles before but this would be the largest, and the map has a fair amount of damage....maybe I am just at the limits of my system? If so, where should I invest to overcome the problem: RAM or Video card?

Thanks!

[ October 22, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: SFJaykey ]

Check your video drivers and make sure you are running CMBB version 1.03. Latest version for Nvidia GeForce (any version of the card) is 45.23 (for Win 95/98/XP). You can get these from www.nvidia.com ("download drivers").

I had similar problem way back, particularly with large scenarios where terrain tiles and sides of vehicles would go white and only way to correct it for a while was to exit game and restart and game would work fine for a while and then same thing.

Haven't had problems since installing this latest driver version. My PC is less powerful than yours (P3-1.0GHz with original GeForce-DDR (32MB)

Last thing, go to the tech support forum and run a search on "GeForce". There you will find lots of posts discussing video card problems that I think you should review before doing anything else. I did a quick check and there seems to be some issues with "certain" GeForce models (you don't say what yours is), with running with FSAA on, etc. A review of these posts might lead you to a solution for your particular card.

Good Luck.

According to Control Panel my card is a GeForce2 MX/MX400 with 64meg. The computer is a Dell and the card is the original installed by Dell about 18 mos ago.

I installed the latest drivers from nVidia, and swapped in the "clean" cmf file sent by Snarker and I still get the same white squares in the same places, about 8 of them scattered about the map.

I read through the archive a little but really this techie is all over my head. None of the posts I read mentioned stability problems, just the cosmetics of the white squares, so if my partner is game I think I will just go ahead and play. Hopefully I will have a chance to dig more into this once the rainy season strikes but at the moment I am hard pressed to keep up with my PBEM turns....not enough spare time to go "under the hood!"

Thanks to all and signing off since I now realize this should have been in the tech forum....if you have more suggestions please post them there, I'll be watching!