ATTACK vs. ASSUALT

So what is the difference? The manual only gives an inappropriatly vague philosophical difference.

In an assualt, the attacker gets a hefty point addition, while the defender gets fallback foxholes. This doesn't seem like a fair trade, as you can make fallback foxholes by splitting your squads anyway.

I've had several people in here claim pillboxes are cheaper for the defender (in an assualt) but that is absolutly not the case. Flags appear to be a bit further back in an assualt, but that's it.

So will someone explain to me, what am I missing here? I never defend in an assualt because it seems like a grossly unfair advantage for the assualter.

The defender gets more points allocated to the "fortifications" section. More mines, pillboxes, barb wire and maybe most importantly, trenches (which have been discussed upon and thought to be one of the best and cheapest defensive "unit" in the game).

And it's ASSAULT. Try defending, you'll like it smile.gif infantry squads can have huge amounts of staying power when in trenches and you can literally sow the grounds full of mines. This and the usual benefits for the defender (TRPs, deep deployment zone etc.) make for an interesting battle.