Anyone get cmmovie to work with CMBB?

Yep, I know, its been asked before. I did a search on the forum and didn't see anything very promising, but was wondering if anyone had managed to get cmmovie to work at all with CMBB?

I saw someone mentioned PBEM Helper, but the last two times I tried downloading it, I got CRC errors. Does it work in the same manner as cmmovie did?

FRAPS 2 will capture full screen CM movies to an uncompressed .avi file.

A 60 sec movie @20fps with sound comes in at just under 200megs ... then you need to compress it ...I used TMPGenc to compress and convert to mpg ... this brings it down to a little over 10 megs.

The movie quality wasnt too bad in .avi format but lost quite a bit in the conversion to .mpg

This was only a quick test and I'm sure that if I played with the settings a little I could get better results. Turning off CM's camera shake would also help as it got seriously blocky when the camera 'jumped'.

If I get a chance and can capture a decent movie then I may post one for download .....

Lou2000

Yes, I've heard of FRAPS, but I was hoping to stay inside the game engine, ala cmmovie so that I can roam about at will, examining different parts of the battlefield. By going to AVI/MPEG, I'm locked in to a single camera angle.

I could see how FRAPS could be useful for creating an MPEG tutorial or video showing how certain tactics are best used (hint hint Battlefront.com - I see a great market in DVD battle tactics tutorials) , but I was looking for something a bit less locked down.

*sighs* This is one of only two real criticisms I have of the CM series - No ability to see the entire battle replayed, and as 'unrealistic' as it is, no ability (in game anyway) to run a company or battalion through an entire campaign of battles/operations. Other than that I think this is probably one of the best game series I've ever played either on or off the computer.

Originally posted by Pig Dog:

*sighs* This is one of only two real criticisms I have of the CM series - No ability to see the entire battle replayed

Yes, and with this, BTS makes a big mistake, because, such "films" would be ideal 'propaganda' for such people, who say, the graphics is sh*t, but seeing after such great battle films, would change their minds...

and as 'unrealistic' as it is, no ability (in game anyway) to run a company or battalion through an entire campaign of battles/operations. Other than that I think this is probably one of the best game series I've ever played either on or off the computer.
Don't want to advertise the Biltong's Campaign, but if you understand it, how to play, than it makes a great game.

bye,

Uhu