Feature Requests

Waiting for my PBEM turns but can't get CMBB off the brain, so thought I'd throw a few more out there. Some are completely new, while others have been mentioned before, but I figure it never hurts to restate and clarify. (Thought about posting these to the CMX2 wishlist, but maybe they can be applied to CMAK)

1) One-Click "Realism" Setting. A sliding scale, or set of check boxes, that would set many parameters and lock some interface settings with one click, including FOW, rarity, force mixes and troop quality, available view levels, etc. The left end of the scale would tailor the game for those who prefer what has been called "arcade-style," or as they put it, "fun," while the right end of the scale would be heaven for the "micromanagers" or "grogs." I'd love to see Franko's rules coded into the game via this scale, along with a BFC-official "Tournament" setting. Other settings could optimize the game for play vs AI, etc. Such a feature would make the game more accessible to new players, and reduce or eliminate "parameter negotiations" between pbem or TCP opponents. (There should still be a "Custom" setting that allows player selection of all parameters.)

2) Timed Victory Flags Scenario designers given the option to set expiration times for individual flags, to simulate phase lines. A large timed flag would display (to the attacking player only) the number of turns remaining till expiration. Upon expiration it would shrink to a small flag. This might encourage longer turn limits for games, while still providing incentive and reward for quick achievement of objectives.

3) "Advance" command tweaked so that it is more useful for bringing troops up under long-range fire. IMO it should be less tiring, with the tradeoff being less outgoing fire.

3a) Another tweak that could help with bringing troops forward under "nuisance" fire would be to change "Move to Contact" so that enemy contact triggers the next order/waypoint, rather than having units stop upon contact. Then we could order "Move to Contact & Advance," which would be a big energy-saver for infantry on the move: the tiring "Advance" order would not be triggered until necessary.

4) Intel available at setup. Perhaps vague spotting reports (eg: Light Armor? Infantry?) superimposed on the 2-d maps available at higher view levels? (I think this idea was originally SgtGoody's.)

Ooh, I just heard the tone: "You have mail!" smile.gif