new feature possibility

Hi all,

I want to learn one thing is it possible in CMAK or we have to wait CMX engine that is to add a new window in the game showing the platons and their status(3 men, total amno load, firing-pinned). This window also must be used as short key to select entire platoon or it's remainings.

Best Regards. smile.gif

hi

This has come up before and no doubt a search might lead you to several threads. I think the upshot was that BFC said they were not doing it.

I cannot remeber the reasoning but I supported it at the time. I think it goes along the lines that the player already has borg-spotting and this would just be another method for people to micro-manage their units.

At company and battalion level you just send the guys out on broad missions and let the AI do the work until they hit trouble. If you play TC?IP games this works very well. The ethos is to play higher up than micro so though at times I curse I can live with it. Mind you I have played other games were people feel it is their solemn duty to work through their entire roster before completing each move - perhaps that colours my thinking. Life is to short. Play many games quick and dirty ... it's more fun.

I like Togi's idea, which I have also seen mentioned before. The way I would use it, would be the exact opposite of Micro-management: I like to play with bases off and _don't_ check all my units every turn, relying on my ears more than anything to hear when people are taking fire. Sometimes on a busy battlefield I will lose track of people. A status board like Togi is asking for would be nice to make a quick double-check, especially if color was used to reflect changing unit status.

Thanks Matt for your valuable comments,

Before I played Combat Mission Series and this feature was most valuable things in this game. If this feauture added in CM, may be very helpfull for finding your units easily (by clicking the platoon icons that placed in mentioned window) in the order phase especially. For example in huge maps is very hard to find all platoons easily and to give orders to them. So sometimes I forgot to give orders some platoons and that fault costs me too much. In additon that in huge maps the order phase takes too much time to complete (In huge maps sometimes 15 minutes). My time passed to find the all individual platoons in huge maps. After all benefits, why this idea so easy to reject?