Newby questions

Hello all:

I've just purchased this game and I have some doubts. I'm in Spain so I bougth the European version, Combat Mission 2. So, the first thing I do is to check the patches that exist and find there are two, v. 1.01 and v. 1.02. Why are the European and American patches different (if they are?. Then I want to start downloading the 1.02 patch and I find two choices, the one in English, cause my game is not translated into Spanish (and I prefer so), and a multilingual patch. Which one is mine?

Thanks in advance,

Jarc

First off....welcome to the board! I have the CDV version also of CMBB ( Combat Mission 2). The reason the CDV(European version) is a different patch is because in some countries(Germany,ect) it is illegal to have the SS emblems,units,ect even mentioned in a game.So the game had to have some modifications to be legal in Germany.( you can download a small "mod" to have the SS units if you like). If your game is in English download the english patch. You can also have CDV send you the patches on a CD because the 1.01 patch is quite large. Just send them an e-mail for the patch. Hope you enjoy Combat Mission! ;)

[ February 15, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

I'm having a lot of difficulty downloading the 1.02 CDV patch in english. For one thing the DL page is in German + for another there was a reminder on the battlefront mainpage that said the patch might not be posted til friday. Has anyone sucessfully dl'ed the 1.02 english CDV patch yet + if so please post a link. - thanks.

I can't get it to download + I've been fighting with that link for a few days... Why do they have an English patch with all the download instructions in German? I really have no idea what I should press to begin the DL because when I hit the obvious I get an error message saying "Der Download wurde von einer

nicht authorisierten Seite verlinkt!"

[ February 16, 2003, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Kurando ]

hehe, true, true, but when I try to DL I get a bunch of arcane error messsages in German, and the DL doesn't work + that's out of my league.

All's I want is to download the CDV English 1.02 patch, can someone please post a mirror? -In the immortal words of Homer: "...why must life be so unfair!? Why must I fail in every attempt at masonry!!?"

Sorry lads, I appreciate the help, but java script or not the link does not work; I still get the same error message; "Der Download wurde von einer nicht authorisierten Seite verlinkt!" which as I understand it means: "The link originates from an unauthorized site!" (or something)

Just for argument sake (even if you've already got it) can someone else please try DL'ing the 1.02 patch from that link so I know I'm not going crazy... I'm certain it will yeild an error and you won't be able to DL it.

Thanks for the help,

Kurando.

Hi all:

Thak you everybody!. I downloaded the two patches (not true, three, also de multilingual). Installed them and played the full week end and yesterday nigth. I have to say that, first, this game CMBB, is exelent!, and that everythin run perfectly.

Thanks all again.

Cheers,

Jarc