Biltong's Campaign Rules - Apache Variant now 'GOLD'!!

FOR SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN ACTION WITH AN SS ARM PZ GRN (PZ) OR HEER INFANTRY BATTALION!!! :eek:

Biltong's Campaign Rules Apache Variant (BCRAV)

This post is merely to update the many players that I have already sent this version of the rules to. I have now finalised the variant enough to release the the 'Gold' version which has been sent to Super Sulo for him to host. Many thanks SS. I am pretty sure I have also mailed all the people who originally asked with the updates. This post is just in case I missed a few.

I had mailed out a lot of copies and, what with the DLs from the site as well, I thought the least I could do was finish it off so it was as near as damn it as finished as BCR v2.0. Initially it was only meant for me so apologies if it was a bit 'tatty' until now.

As before, this variant allows players to use either Heer Infantry or SS Arm Pz Grn (Pz) UP TO battalion level in their campaign. The SS are of course supported with a full tank battalion and a platoon of Tigers. You have ownership of all the resources the battalion might enjoy and select the appropriate units for you mission.

You will not get to take all the forces each time you play so the battles remain manageable. QB settings in BCRAV range from 500 to 3000 with around the 1000 - 1250 being the norm.

Some of the end of battle calculations have been made easier to allow players to cope with the greater number of units you have.

Some features of v2.0 are:

1) Rules amended to allow for (optional) 'Pure Armour' battles (courtesy of patch 1.02).

2) Game length die rolls specific to map sizes (30 - 40 for Small; 34 - 52 Med; 40 - 60 Large and 46 - 64 Huge).

3) Optional rule covering use of TRPs on defence together with artillery usage rules (courtesy of JasonC) allowing more historic use.

4) Revised Parameter Sheet

5) Complete logic check of rules and accompanying notes.

6) Also includes CMBB tank and AFV availability (amended version of Mike8g).

7) Player configurable tables which dictate QB point settings and Axis point limits. These allow you to fight more of the battles you like and make it as challenging as you like.

There was a minor glitch (my fault) in getting V2.0 posted. To check you have the latest (and final) version go to Appendix C (Experience). Under '0' for Axis Infantry Casualties there should be a new line '1 - 9%'. Also, just above the Date rule (1) there should be a yellow box (which is used to show rules that get special treatment for an Axis or Soviet Immediate Attack etc. If not, you have the 'old' version 2 and should download the new one.

Please post comments queries to the latest main BCR thread.

As with BCR main, it goes without saying that this version would not have been possible without the work of Biltong and Team. Thankyou VERY much!

Enjoy!!! smile.gif

BFC - Can you lock this up pse?

Apache

[ February 14, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]