***Two Christmas Mods Posted***

Merry Christmas to all the Staff at BFC, all Forum Members and all those magnificent Modders.

I posted two mods for your Holiday enjoyment;

1. Winterized Early War Partisans wearing a mix of cold weather clothing and some German Equipment.

2. Winterized Volksstrum. It won't be the cold that makes their hands shake when they aim that Panzerfaust at the oncoming JS-II.

All original artwork is from the Great AndrewTF, I meerly cut and paste.

Enjoy,

DavidI

PS. Where? At CMMODs, of course!

"Tooz,

It was Prussia that I had in mind.

DavidI"

Cool. I am thinking about other uses for this great looking mod (the winter Partisans will get a lot of play). One idea is to use the Volksturm guys to depict the many auxillary forces that fought for Germany (or against Stalin and Tito)in WW2. These include the Croatian Ustasche, Baltic Schutzmanstaff (I'm uncertain of the spelling), kapos (comes in handy for Warsaw Uprising scenarios) and a slew of others. If you wanted, you could really get fancy with some of the more obscure formations in WW2. One website to check out is "Axis Europa.com". This is the best source for scant info on these esoteric troops. The books are a bit pricey, but there are some bargains.

I wonder how many CMers know about General Vlaasov's "POA" (Russian Liberation Army) and von Pannwitz's Cossacks. Due to the limitations of the polygons I wonder how well would a mod of the big furry hat worn by the Cossacks would look in CMBB. Oh yeah, but there are no horses. Darn.

I am currently putting together a series of Yugoslav Partisan battles. Now I have better uniforms, just wish I had higher mountains.

So, I hope you didn't misinterpret my previous post--I am VERY happy to get these guys. Now that 99% of my BB has been modded, I'm always looking for new fixes to sate my voracious mod appetite. The possibilities are endless. This is what makes the CM series great--it truly is a "lifetime of fun".

Please keep 'em coming. :D

Tooz,

Thanks again, and I intend to keep them coming.

The only problem with expanding the Volkssturm is that any quick game they will end up with bo ku panzershrecks, fine for the VS but not for most of the others you mention. The end game of WWII was not pretty, plenty of guys with nothing left to lose, scores to settle, forced conscription,and pure bad luck ended up on both sides (or just fighting for their own, difficult to discribe sides). When the reserve pool gets low enough....

DavidI