NEWBIE--CDV version Patch--where to get?

You may not see it from the link but you will need the other patches - a mere 100+MB's.

Friendly is it not. Regardless of whether you can pull down this much I recommend you write to them and ask for the patch CD. Perhaps then they will become a little more consumer friendly.

If you think I am being hard on them think of the relative size of the Battlefront upgrades.

IMPORTANT PATCH VERSION NOTE

* This v1.02 patch must be applied to a copy of the game that has ALREADY been patched to v1.01. It will not work on the original v1.0.

IMPORTANT PATCH VERSION NOTE

* This v1.03 patch must be applied to a copy of the game that has ALREADY been patched to v1.02. It will not work on v1.0 or v1.01. Please review the "WHAT VERSION OF CMBB DO I HAVE" section below to see what game version you currently have installed.

GregorBellman@cdv.com is the man to e-mail for the patches. Ask nice though......you get better results if you thank them ahead of time.

The reasons for the large patches compared to the "Battlefront" version is because of restrictions they have in Europe( I won't go into all the mumbo-jumbo over there).I have had excellent support with CDV and have recieved "patch" cd's for all their games.

Note.....it will take Gregor about 4-6 days to respond. ;)

[ July 25, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

Thank you

The link was the one that I had already tried.

I wrote an e mail to the gentleman

I hope he ships patch cd to Canada as well...

Is there any cdv branch in canada?

PS) I am planning not to buy any cdv from now on

However following the advise I was extremely polite to the gentleman

Thank you again for the tip

As far as I know, CDV CMBB shouldn't be in Canada or the US for that matter (under the terms of the BFC and CDV agreement) , the CMBB-SE isn't out yet (at least BFC hasn't said so). As for CDV support in Canada, I don't know about that since I have the BFC version.

As for getting the patches, all I can say is, call a friend who has cable or DSL and have them d/l it for you and put them on a CD.

Thank you all for you guys help

Panzerman, I tried the link but it again gave me the same pop up as in cdv website. it reads '..is connected to unauthorized web.'

Lou2000

Thank you for uploading the patch

I am now starting downloading it

Thank you again and I hope I finish downloading them (I have cable modem)

Anybody reading this ......

Could somebody open the URL and try to upload a file please.

Anything will do ..... preferably a small file ... even just a text file.

I want to check out the program I'm using for this ... the download seems to work fine through Norton firewall, now need to know if the upload works.

Thanks

Lou 2000

Thank you very much

I have successfully downloaded the first 68 meg patch!

The second and third one were available from CDV.

It seems that for some even the first patch at CDV is downloadable, but that was not the case for me

Without your help, I could not have the first patch here in Edmonton

Thank you very much!