Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Never Logged In!

I've tried deleting the Battlefront cookies and loading SC from the disc after deleting it -- no matter what i do the site always tells me I'm not logged in. Meanwhile I have no problem posting -- as you've no doubt noticed! :D

I'd like to get in to edit my profile, but that's only one of the problem, I've got no idea if there PMs I haven't read etc & etd.

This is what the top of my screen always looks like, giving me the option to log in. I even tried logging out and back in again and that didn't work either.

Signed,

Bewildered. ;)

Battlefront.com Discussion Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» Today's Active Topics «

» You are not logged in. Login or register Welcome to our newest member: danmiles

I've always had this problem with the BF forums. It always says im not logged in, but just as with this post, im able to click on "post reply" and make a post. Hasn't really bothered me much since i can post with no hassles, but in order to access my profile i need to relogin everytime. I don't think SC would have have anything to do with it, but i don't own the game.

MeatEtr

Thanks for mentioning that, I thought maybe it was a problem with my machine but it isn't if others have the same problem.

I didn't think the problem was with SC specifically but figured it was with the link to the Battlefront site so I uninstalled it hoping it would clear up when I reinstalled it again, but it didn't.

It won't even let me login by doing it when I come to the site. As you say, it lets me post and do things like send e-mails, but I have no idea whether I've got PMs waiting for responses and, of course, it won't let me change me profile.

Martin offered to do that part for me, but I don't want to bother him with it and also I'd prefer to actually get it operating the way it's supposed to.

Hi Jersey John,

it can be that it is because of your internet explorer settings concerning cookies - if your system is not allowed to accept/change cookies from Battlefront, then your system will not remember that you logged in.

I had the same problem when I installed service pack 2 for WinXP (where I set very restrictive guidelines for a better protection) that I was able to login, but the site never remembered me - exactly the same effect as you described it smile.gif . This was because cookies were not allowed to be changed.

The solution was to allow cookies to be accepted from first hand suppliers in the internet settings. I have the german version, but in english it should be:

Extras -> Internet options -> Data protection -> enhanced

There you can check if your system allows cookies - if not, then you can change it and you should be able to login again if this was the cause smile.gif . You can also change the settings for specific sites (allow cookies, block them etc., can also be that you set battlefront on the block list unintentionally).

[ October 16, 2004, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Greetings Terif,

Thanks, I think you've found it -- I put in a new firewall and that was when all of this started. I'll try your method. Martin told me something similar, which I tried, but I think your description goes a step further and probably has the solution.

I'll post whether or not this was the problem and if it was fixed.

Thanks again. smile.gif

Thanks again Terif, Meateater and Martin (via e-mail) for your help.

In the end I reinstalled my cable disc -- Comcast, which others were complaining about in the GF -- and now I've got the full screen!

Just edited the profile, replacing a site link.

Appreciated Gentlemen. smile.gif