Mod problem..

I just received my game in the mail! Looking forward to delving into this game. However, I attempted to install a mod for the interface (the one by HolzemFrumFloppen) and then when I attempt to start the game after installing the bmps the game will not start. Anyone have any ideas why?

I encountered the same problem. By trial and error I found that the problem is with the graphic file called "main_menu_buttons. If you backed up your original bitmap files, just copy this original to the "bitmaps" folder and you are set. If you didn't, then you will probably need to reinstall the program and then copy all but that mod file to the bitmaps folder.

• 7 months later...

Just received the game in the mail...I installed the game (1.06 CD) then the interface mod, then the patch. Everything seems to be working this way. However, I also tried running the mod without the main_menu_buttons.bmp, and it looks like doing the patch last does overwrite some other bmp's, like the textured land masses.

[ January 09, 2004, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Brucedl ]