What's up with the turn length?

I love strategy games, so I was really looking forward to Strategic Command. Well, when I first played the 1939 Campaign vs the computer, I thought things were moving along pretty fast. Then I replayed a few games and noticed that the German first turn was September 4th, then the Allies first turn was September 18th, then the German's next turn was September the 31st!

What's up with skipping turns? I don't get it. I patched the game with the 1.05 patch.

well ,

i think it's because turns take 2 weeks in fall and spring .

4th -> 18th -> 31st (!?)

quotation from the manual :

"SCALE

Each hex represents about 80 kilometres or 50 miles. Turns vary in length and are

dependant on the time of year.

SEASON TURN LENGTH

Summer 1 week

Fall, Spring 2 weeks

Winter 1 month "

maybe iam wrong - it was just a guess (and a look into the manual ;) )

[ October 25, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Dr.No ]

The manual does say that each fall turn lasts two weeks, but if my turn is September 4th, and my next turn is September 31st, aren't my turns every four weeks? In the fall, my side is only getting a turn every four weeks.

If this is the way the game is suppose to be, then fine. I just don't think that's what the PDF manual is implying.

Thanks for the answer though!