Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

UK subs in the Med

dragoon19

I am currently playing UK in a PBEM and I am a little short on MPPs. In order to strengthen my naval forces in the Med in a relativly cheap way I was thinking of sending a sub to the MED.

So does anybody have some experince with sending a UK sub to the Med and if so good or bad?

Is there a way allied subs can be placed so that they sink MPPs from Italy or Germany?

Dragoon19

Originally posted by dragoon19:

(snip) good or bad?

Subs can be lethal. If I remember correctly, they attack with the strenght of a battleship. They don't move as far though, and they have 0 in defence. If you research sub technology, then you increase the chances for your sub to dive when the enemy attacks (I belive it was 25% chance of diving at tech0, and +5% for every tech after that). So subs can be pretty lethal and cost effective indeed.

Is there a way allied subs can be placed so that they sink MPPs from Italy or Germany?

Dragoon19

No. Where should that be anyway?

Cheers

~Norse~

Rouge, 1 naval counter is not 1 ship. It is a whole fleet of ships. The difference between the cruiser unit and the battleship unit is mainly tonnage that goes into the fleet, and of course some fleet specifications.

So 3 ships isn't 3 units, maybe it's 1 unit.

~Norse~