AAR : Hollywood Legend-Rambo (Axis -100) vs Wachtmeister (Allies)

jon_j_rambo

Feb. 1941 --- Italians swarm the Free-French guarding the Suez & wax him. Canal is captured. There's a Bristish corp in Cario & a Canadian corp East of it. Italian Navals treat the Canadians to a dish of off-shore bombardment.

Meanwhile British Royal Navy pounds Brest.

Romania, Bulgaria, & Hungary join the Axis-powers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game saved for now - Holding out in Egypt. Trouble is that these fights do nothing to increase USSR war readines. All the heavy duty Wehrmacht is out of sight. When they come back it will be in force. Hope I have some jets, long range air and other cool tech stuff - I'll need it. A couple of squadrons of F-117 Nighthawks would work.

June 1941 --- Yugoslavia converts. I destroy the Canadian East of Cario w/ help from German fighters. Cario should go very soon.

British are flirting w/ Brest. Couple of fighters w/ the Bomber are on the South shores of England. There are some small combats.

Not much tech, at least known:

German Anti-Tank-11

Readiness:

USA 43%

Russia 62%

Fall'41 Attack on USSR - USA joins Allies. Not your standard attack as one might expect from Rambo. Opens with landings on the Baltic coast. Riga corps blasted, but Riga does not fall. Isolated USSR units all over the front. He did a good job of maximizing isolation of Russian front line armies with minimal forces.

Vichy surrenders in one turn last month.

Nov. 1941 --- I attack Russia with a bunch of corps (strength-11) to surround units. I screwed up the taking of Riga, damn it. Also, Italy converts Vichey, on the same turn.

Italian Navy mixing it up at the Rock, sink a British ship.

I also introduce a German Carrier! He's in port @ Kannisbert (above Poland port)

[ March 16, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Dec 1941 --- The Russians weren't impressed with my initial attack upon their land. The Russians counter-attack & surround my landing craft troops East of Riga. The Red Army drives South of Riga too. Hot & heavy action.

I pour my own ground forces & air assault Riga...Yes, I got it. My troops are not cut-off & it looks like the Russians are cut-off.

Italy invades Spain. British bomber in the Rock hits an Italian ship.

World @ War

Jan. 1941 --- Russians form a line, destroy a couple of my corps. I kill a few of them too. German carrier gets 2nd kill. British start an air war over France.

Italy moves deeper into Spain & invade Iraq. Oil wells secured & the capital is being attacked w/ 2 armies & 2 corps w/ HQ.

Allies solidly [i hope} ashore in & around Brest. British commandos take Essen. Paris under air attack. The Graf Zepplen moves to Kiel to support retaking of Essen. Spain holding - maybe good for 1 or 2 more turns. USSR tries spoiling attacks to threaten Romanian Oil fields.

Ostfront oveall stable for now.

Italians sink Free-French ship, plus their 1st carrier appears in Marseilles. Bad news thought, British Bomber/Fighter w/ American battleship destroy my ship. First Italian naval loss.

Germans trying to hold the line East of Warsaw. I still have Riga & Romania.

[ March 16, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Jan' 43 Pressure on the westfront is satisfactory. USA Army Group holding its own in Vichy France against the big time cool Italian Army, supported by 2 air & a carrier. Slow advance into northern Reich supported by air.

The Graf Zappelin sunk at her moorings in Kiel last turn.

Eastfront is been pushed back, but slowly so far. Wehrmacht can dish out 3-6 damage per hit against entrenched Red Army rookies.

Yes we will get this moving again soon.

Spring/Summer ' 43

Since the last update the Italians have caused some serious, possibly critical, damage to the armies in Southern France. Also due to a spotting range misconception on my part, nearly lost a carrier off Bordeaux. So, this may be a marathon game. It certainly is by no means over for the Axis. In Fact the momentum has definitely shifted, toward Axis. Permanent shift? - we shall see...

1943 --- It's Battle of the Bulge all over again. Germans are pouring over the Rhine, attacking key Allied units. The Americans are learning how to retreat. British HQ get pounded after a break thru.

The big surprise this is Italy. Combine Naval, Ground, & Air are concentrated power on Western France. There is a break thru.

On the Russian fronts we have destroyed several units & cut-off 2-units in Romania.

It feels like 1940!!!

Being a Legned has it's advantage.

[ March 19, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]