cheap way to beat ussr

dasreich

Originally posted by I/O Error:

Is anyone else confused? Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand how surrounding a city will change anything.

(I've also never seen an Axis player GET to Moscow.

Well, then you haven't played a PBEM game where they have tech 15 infantry and armor when the Soviets still have tech 11 of the same smile.gif

Sucks to be me...

Jeff Heidman

Cut the head off... I see your strategy.

Once I did something a bit like this. I drove through the Ukrain, Stalingrad and all the way east ...thus cutting off all of the Caucasus. It worked

... Now, how did you manage to surround Moscow. Did you take at least Minsk and Somlensk?

Use two or three airwings to soften the defence north of the marsh area and concentrate your panzer 3 or 4 and 4 fast moving corps behind a powerfull line of armies to smash the hole - then it should work. you'll get a straight line to Moscow. Do it the Guderian way but make sure you have an HQ to follow and make sure your army maintains supply... more to follow .-)

Hans

You have to surround cities on the way - in order to rob them of their supply - they can't reinforce at the same rate - and eventually you can wear them down.

protect your flanks with corps and let the army trod slowly after your spearheads - the elite panzer divisions - but be sure not to leave them unprotected - unless it really pays of.

The price is the diminishing returns which will criple the sovjet economy.

In my latest game it halved the MPP ;)

Hans