Keeping Italy Inactive

Batavian

Quote taken from Hubert in his post on Allied Strategies...

"Ok, what I have done is made sure my Allied ground units in the Med have not moved to keep Italy out of the war as long as possible"

I did not know this. So if I don't move any of my allied ground units in the Med, this will delay Italy's entry in the war? Is this true?

You need to keep the French corps in their cities (until a turn before France dies, then I send the Syrian one towards the Suez and transport the Algerian one into Malta)

Keep the British air in Malta until you operate it out when the French corp is about to come in. Move one ship and one carrier out of the Eastern Med, but keep a cruiser in the Alex port and keep the British ground unit in Alex.

This will keep Benito at bay a while longer.

Thanks for the help Yohan. It was interesting in one of my earlier games as the Allies that Italy entered the war earlier than I expected as was able to sneak a tank into an unguarded Paris. Up to that point, I was doing well at holding off the Germans but the Italians "back-doored" me so to speak. It was interesting in that Italy conquered France instead of Germany and gained the MRP's instead of Germany.

It never really mattered to me weather Italy comes into the war sooner or not.

I have found that most the time I can defend france untill aug at the very least.

And as for Italy you take out there fleet with the french and use the britt fleet to blockade the Italian fleet from going anywere.

But if you happen to see any German air, RUN!

If you take the little city on the end of the boot you can pound the battleship in port and even block him from moving out.

Move in a way as to let any Italian fleet movement be surpized by enemy contct.

So in fact the sooner Italy enters the better, being that the french fleet is still there.

UK will lose some but end result is Italian fleet no longer exisist. if it does thay will not be able to move far. Oh you should bring two battleships from north to med to be really effective. and don't attack them in port with your fleet. let them move out and go for the kill!

• 6 months later...

Good Thread, useful info. I've been guilty of all those offenses and many more. I think moving British and French ships in the vicinity of Sicily-Malta-Tripoli greatly accelerates Italian entry.

[ May 26, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]