Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR SC Z-League: Terif (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies). 1939 Lend Lease Scenario

zappsweden

June 1941:

Time for revenge: UK corps transport sunk outside Bergen. Brest under heavy air attack. 8 German airfleets in action now...still no tech in any area with 10 chits in total...Gibraltar taken by force. Italian ships move north to the battle around Brest.

Yugoslavia couped, Belgrade taken but it refuses to surrender with 2 corps left (str 1 and 8).

[ September 15, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

October 19, 1941:

Barbarossa has begun: Axis DoWs Greece, Iraq and Russia (Allied DoWed Portugal 2 turns ago).

All 9 russian border armies destroyed or cut off, AF + cruiser destroyed. Greece capital captured, Iraq corps killed.

German scientists were really successful in jet tech in the last turns: within 3 turns they achieved 3 breakthroughs in a row.... Germany now at Lv4 jets.

Russia has 3655 mpp to spend.

[ September 15, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

I did a poor reorganisation in southern Russia. The mine was undefended when Axis reached it.

In the west, things are going slow. The invasion begun so late since UK was left on L2 jets for a long time. Situation is now bad for Russia. Russia has now most units being cheap corps. Axis will certainly win this game.

Germany has now 16 armies, 5 tanks, 7 Airfleets and dozens of corps/minors in Russia. Leningrad cut off. Russian corps dying like flies... Still no western front...

War is over, Allies surrender unconditionally after a last failed attack in France...

[ September 15, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

This game was abit passive and dull on occasions. UK suffered from bad jet tech throughout the game. Furthermore, Terif has modified his Mediterranean tactic from "full speed ahead" to a more cautious and correct tactic. That means, Allies cannot make a counter near Algeria without suffering badly.

In Russia I made a bad counter but even without it I was behind schedule. The exchanges in the mid-game prevented UK from using resources for research. L1 Jets and L1 long-range was too weak for UK to support an invasion in France so Russia had to struggle alone for quite some time.

UK cannot afford exchanging on a 1-1 basis in the mid-game for too long. I was too cocky since the scenario give UK more MPP than normal.

[ September 15, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]