1939 Initial Setup

Col. Kurtz

Gentlemen, I am a newcomer to the game, so please forgive what might be questions with obvious answers. 1) When playing the 1939 scenario with players of relatively equal experience which rules/variations and politics options should be chosen to insure a balanced game? 2) Are there any exceptions which make for an exciting game without unbalancing it? 3) Are there any options choices which are blatantly unfair to the other side? Thank you.

Normally all options except for War in Siberia are turned on and the entry of all countries is set to Random.

Turning War on Siberia On is unfair to the Russians as they will not receive the Siberian Transfer if Axis troops approach Moscow. Why? They are busy fighting the Japanese in Siberia.

A bidding sysyem is also often used to boost up the Allies a bit, this can be usefull especialy against a experienced Axis player.

A lot of these sytems go around, 1:4 ; 1:8 ; 1:5:20 and others.

For example, one bids 100 to play Axis. This would mean that UK gets +100 mpp's and Russia +400 mpp's from the start (1:4). Or +100 and +800 and the 1:8 system.

You can add these numbers using the editor.

If you like PBEM play I suggest you join Curry's PBEM league, it's really the best way to get better, playing other people and get soundly beaten a few times in a row ;) , you pick up routines and strategies quite fast.

You can register for the league here.

I also bumped the thread conserning the PBEM league.

Welcome to the forum Col. Kurtz smile.gif