UK surrenders

waltero

I actually got the UK to surender!

I really dont get it though I did not get the city up north (just a matter of time) was pulling back to def. agianst Russia, invaded amarica, just for decoy held boston and walked into philly had all oil and mines in Amarica, but no real foot hold.

The britt fleet was crippled and in noth Amarica.

It got froggy and sent a 7 factor fleet after one of my transports (panzer), and I sent a sub and left it with 0ne factor.

And at the end of my turn UK had surrendered?

Was the surrender of UK due to the attack and killing of the fleet factors?

Should England be forced to surrender by loosing the battle of the atlantic?

The reason I ask is that I can´t seem to do more than max.40 Mpps worth of damage with my subs/ round. While this is better than nothing it makes it hard to use subs effective to really threaten the survival of the UK. Closeing the atlantic sea lanes would really have hurt the UK war effort even to the point that they may have considred some sort of arrangement and accomodation with Germany. At least thats my understanding of possible concequences of the Battle of the Atlantic.

So :

1.is it possible to do more than 40 Mpps/ turn in the Atlantic and if so how?

2. Does this effect UK surrender?

3. IF NOT maybe we should make the battle of the altlantic into a possibility to force the UK out of the War!! That is, closing the atlantic (say doing 60/40 or so Mpps worth of Damage in 4 straight turns) should maybe lead to a UK descision to stop the war. That is not surrender but more more like a 'declaration of end of hostilities'. Germany don´t get any plunder but the UK is reduced to a neutral country. smile.gif

Regards to everybody

Dragoon19

In response to Dragoon19.

The battle for the Atlantic is not a war ending solution in and of itself, it was probably the most important operation to reduce Britain's ability to fight!

Just taking 40MPPs off Britain ever turn is not enough to guarantee defeat. Britain does collect around 130MPP per turn.

However if you combine the Atlantic battle with a Battle of Britain campaign you can really impair the ability of the British to defend their nation.

If your subs can sink Britain's fleets and your airpower can interdict the RAF and bomb strategic targets, an invasion is relatively easy.

Either one of these battles is a worry to the British player, but both can cripple him.

And to answer your question. I agree I think Britain's surrender conditions should be modified to sue for peace, but only if BoA and BoB are in affect.

[ July 22, 2002, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: KevGaming ]

I belive the BoA had war ending ramification beyound simply hurting the build up of UK forces.

The UK (is) and was not self sufficient in for example the production of agricultural products not to mention oil and other war crucial products. This means that if for example oil ran out while highly severe rationing of food hit the UK in the winter period due to subs closing of the Atlantic I think even Churchill would have had a hard time arguing for a continuation of the war.

That is stop the flow of oil, food, etc ( i.e. closing the atlantic) and you have de facto stoped the UK manufacoring regardless of their 'potential' being 130 Mpps. (AFIK the situation, with the UK oil depots depleted, was close to becomming a reality at some point during the war? )

This should lead to the UK assuming a position of neutrality not a surrender, meaning that the Germans get no plunder, but on the other hand closes the war in the West.

Regards smile.gif

Dragoon19

I have captured london and manchester many times befor and know surrender?

In fact I had london and manchester for at least one turn if not two before UK surrendered.

I believe you must destroy enough units as well, to get them to surrender.