IP Games: Has anyone tried playing the scenarios other than '39?

BriantheWise

I'm really just curious. I've started about ten games, all in '39, finished a couple, but only by one side or the other conceding. I've yet to play Russia in IP land (and I so want too).

Have some of the other players here tried some of the other scenarios, IP, that Hubert provided with the game, or that have been developed by the players?

If so, are us 39ers missing out?

Yeah, I have been a little perturbed by the innability to get much past the battle for France in the four IP games I have done.

If one starts a game, one should feel obligated to continue on even when things are not going great. I have learned my meager skills by actually finishing the games I started, even when my opponent has 13 level 4 jets with level 5 long range and they are trouncing me in Russia. These were PBEM games too. :eek:

I did play two PBEM Barbarossa games and I found them to be quite enjoyable as did my opponent. The settings are historical from that point so it provides another window of history in which to jump into and try and change or perpetuate or improve upon the actual results. I recomend it.

As far as the other campaigns, I have only played versus the ai. I find that a Stalingrad or a Kursk campaign against the ai with highest settings is very challenging and fun.