AAR Ladder game Wachtmeister against Sven1969

Friedrich_der_2

2 Mar 41:

London corps reduced to 3. Air unit in Manchester destroyed. Messed up the movement sequence - probably coud have taken Manchester, like my idol Archibald.

Spain joins Axis. Will have to watch USSR readiness.

USA isolationists still in majority.

Winston Churchill receives vote of no confidence form Parliment,. Lord Beverbrook forms interim government.

April/May 1941:

England without any unit! But Axis forces could not take London and a new corps arrived in london.

Allied Coup! A corps takes Torino in Italy.

Yugoslavia joined Allies. Heavy fights there. Hungary have already joined Axis.

Russia prepares for war. The great war will start soon. The revenge is near.

May 1941: German troops take London, England is lost.

[ January 15, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Sven1969 ]

Fall 1941:

The USA are heavily attacked but there is no chance to land troops for the Axis. Finland declared war on Russia but there is no progress for the German troops against Russia.

No technological advancements right now. Investment into research is worthless with patch 1.06. This was definitly a big mistake to change the game engine in the research area. the three research points of Russia when they enter war are wothless. The game balance ist lost. Even with the MPPs from Canada which are going to nowhere.

[ January 15, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Sven1969 ]

July '42:

I think I have managed to dissipate the huge advantage of knocking the UK out early.

Went after and took Canada - OK

Tried to land in the USA - error can't be done with a unit on every coastal square, unless thats all you have to do.

Only 3 tech advances despire - near full investment - Russian L3 air is a problem.

Apparently, I should have nailed every minor and built up my mpp base higher. MPP base I have would be better except for the air damage drain each turm with my stone age fighters.

West - Pulling back and establishing a blockade of the USA - should have done this a year ago

East - Stalemate - but not for long with the Russkie build up.

Iraq under atach Italians holding

Med - Greece and Bulgaria taken - will leave Vichy alone for now - will get for free if Russia tries to flank Iraq

Norway was attacked by Axis. Reinforcement of Norwegian units was impossible. Another flaw for Allies redface.gif

If Allies would get Canada they would not get the MPPs for. This is the third big flaw for Allies. A game cannot be won with so much flaws against Allies.

[ January 15, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Sven1969 ]

Mid 1943:

Pretty unreal ending up on the semi - defensive. With L0 air fleets against L3 USSR and L2 USA my MPP advantage is effectively offset. Offensive action is nearly impossible against the Allied air tech advantage. However I can punish or wipe out USSR offensive thrusts, for now. Need the catch up feature of v.106 to kick in soon or as Gen. Patton said in Dec '44 "We can still lose this war". Maybe this is my punishment for previous mismanagement

As that renowned student of SC, Rambo, so rightly put it "Air is King", and right now I have a "serf" air force.