Bombers vs. Fighter question for SC veterans

anoldman

I do too like your ideas scorpion (although not original). there should be different air units, fighter/FB and Tac/Strategic, possibly even naval wings for the carriers, but all this is for SC2 and JJ we all would like to see your "Things to Come" be stickied as the forerunner for SC2 ideas, but Hubert and the forum would have to delete the requests that cause micro-management. Maybe a president(Hubert) and a senate and house, elected by the forum to decide the relevancy of our ideas.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeaMonkey --

Thanks for the good word. You are and have always been a man of great insight. As such I know you speak for the entire forum in demanding I post those Things to Come stills on this page too.

And so, without further ado -- back by popular demand in case you missed it on page one -- also thanks to SeaMonkey for badgering me into posting them -- the fabled stills!

Thi1747.jpg

Raymond Massey as one of several characters he played, emerging from what in 1936 was a futuristic fighter plane -- .

Mas1774.jpg

If only I'd known sooner so many of you wanted to see them again . . .. Okay, so it's really one still and a theater poster, but that helmet is practically a still by itself!

[ December 19, 2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I would too. There was a very poor print floating around on VHS. It's out on DVD but I don't know if it's one of those grainy editions or a restored version.

Some of the future scenes were pretty impressive and the ideas were interesting with underground cities and very high nearly-transparent elevators.

The best part for me was Ralph Richardson in the middle of the movie playing a British Warlord. He gives a spiel to his death mission biplane pilots. As they take off in their rickety crates to certain doom against the giant bombers he shakes a fist at the sky and shouts "They're too big!" Then his mouth drops open as his planes plunge earthward.

It's rarely shown on TV these days.

[ December 19, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Eeexcelent JJ thanks for the 2nd helping. The suggestive references of these pics should command its own thread. I believe in my mind that they imply a virtual plethora of limbs eminating from a deeply rooted tech tree for SC2. And that man, yes the one standing in the WT 34, is that a far away look in his eyes? Only with a strategically placed cattle prod could we ever get him to complete our designated mission, what is indicated?, does it mean... could it be Saaa...err micromanaGEMENT!!

SeaMonkey --

As always, you have gotten to the point and clarified it to perfection! To take it further is beyond my humble abilities. Except to once more utter that magic word -- M.i.c.r.o.m.a.n.a.g.e.m.e.n.t !!!

[ December 20, 2002, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Sorry Bill -- I thought this forum pretty much made it's point a couple of pages back -- the only thing left to distract was the flow of repetition.

I'm back at my desk but can think of nothing further to write except

. . . I will not distract the class . . .

I will not distract the class. . . :D

[ December 20, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]