Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

fast question about Axis minors

Axis minors do not join as long as France didnt surrender. But when France falls they will join in the usual timetable.

Another thing:

When your minors join, you need the full amount of guard units at the russian border (3 units: 1x Königsberg, 1x SE or NE of Warsaw and 1x directly at one of the 9 german-russian border hexes).

But when you dont conquer France, your minors wont join - then the latest date when you have to place the 3 guards is December 1940 (if your minors dont join readiness starts increasing at January 5, 1941 if you dont have enough guards).

BTW: your minors can join the same turn you take Paris (first SC checks for the surrender, then for your allies ;) ), so have the guard units ready when you take Paris late smile.gif .

[ June 01, 2004, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

MBMB:

I think what happened to you is that the minors (Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria) joined in the same turn when France surrendered - this can happen. But they do not join before this even when Allies invade Italy - at least not in the full game with 1.07 patch (perhaps in the Demo it can be) ;) .

MBMB:

I just read your other thread, now I know what happened ;) : you set the minors at historical. Then it is clear they will join at the historical date no matter what happens and independently of France. But in HvsH games I have never seen someone playing with historical politics smile.gif .

Standard is everything on except war in Siberia and all politics random.

Man, my swamp is getting full of newbies.

I will take advantage of this thread to make another newbie question... ;)

I this game at which the LC Gambit avoid Germans to take France... It is now August 1941 and Yugoslavia is still neutral... So, If France doesn´t fail Yugoslavia doesn´t join allies???

(by the way Russia is already on war with German)

Yes, the same applies for Yugoslavia: As long as France did not surrender, Yugoslavia also does not join Allies (politics at random ;) ).

But I guess in your game it doesnt matter any more with Russia already in the war... ;)