First multiplayer game. Glorious victory for SixthArmy.

SixthArmy

No offense intended, but is this meant to be sarcastic? It would be very easy to beat computer AI set on easy probably--even if you play Axis.

One fun thing to do is to play on very easy level as the Allies. I can then make a conscious choice to spend only a tiny fraction of Soviet production points but all of US production points and thus create a mighty US juggernaut of Wanker and Bugger tank units to crush the vile Axis powers. My US forces can liberate Berlin, Warsaw, Kiev, Moscow, even Novosibirsk--just like they did historically--wink, wink. Then I can pretend that the US industrial giant was the true winner of the war. (Now this WAS sarcastic.)

Seriously, though, to Sixth Army: may you be ever victorious and may your skills always improve. Just don't trust vonPaulus!

No offense intended, but is this meant to be sarcastic? It would be very easy to beat computer AI set on easy probably--even if you play Axis.

Ya, I'm being sarcastic.

One fun thing to do is to play on very easy level as the Allies. I can then make a conscious choice to spend only a tiny fraction of Soviet production points but all of US production points and thus create a mighty US juggernaut of Wanker and Bugger tank units to crush the vile Axis powers. My US forces can liberate Berlin, Warsaw, Kiev, Moscow, even Novosibirsk--just like they did historically--wink, wink. Then I can pretend that the US industrial giant was the true winner of the war. (Now this WAS sarcastic.)

My latest game (another glorious victory vs the AI) I set it to regular level and played allies. I'm trying to fight the war the way it happened. So far it works. The allies have invaded Italy and are slugging up the boot. All other US/Brit materials are being massed in preparation for the '44 Overlord. It's going to work, although the actual invasion may be a failure, who can know? The only thing unrealistic about this scenario is the Germans are OwNeD in Russia. Kiev has never fallen and won't.

Ppl rag the AI all the time, but look at its fine points:

1. It always wants to play

2. It doesn't go postal if I do something gamey

3. It never wins

4. It doesn't roll its eyes if I have to take a bafroom break

5. It never spills anything on the keyboard

6. It will always finish the game, even if the situation is hopeless

7. It never makes excuses or says the game wasn't fair

8. It doesn't unplug its modem or feign a hardware failure when losing

Seriously, though, to Sixth Army: may you be ever victorious and may your skills always improve.

I'll never play a pbem. If they get the transmission protocols working I might play vs someone, but I hate pbem. I've played tons of online games, I am aware that humans are more cunning than any PO. Even if the human doesn't know what he's doing, he may do something very silly and catch me competely by surprise. So the challenge would be fine w/ me, I'm a graceful loser, but pbem is just too slow. The only human I will likely play will be my Dad. He's been practicing, he likes the game. But I'll always OwN him on the electronic battlefield. It's his destiny.

Just don't trust vonPaulus!

Paulus would be ok. Its the big fat luftwaffe man and his empty promises ( "oh ya sure, I can supply SixthArmy by air" :rolleyes: ) that will cause ultimate defeat.