Some late ideas

Valadictum

Probably too late to make it into this game but maybe SCII?

1) Instead of using turns to simulate seasons, pehaps apply weather banding that effects Action Points and the ability to reinforce. E.G Europe = Temporate with some reduced abilities in winter, Russia = almost no movement in winter with Russians having some advantages, it being their home country and all, Africa/middle east = Dusty climate when movement is best in Winter months but only slightly reduced in the heat of summer and if you get to a Global Game, Canada could be like Russia, America could be like Europe and the Far East/Pacific would slow everything down in the monsoon season almost to the extent that the Russian Winter does.

2) Which leads on to the above smoothing out MMP to regular weekly doses and might even allow real time in the form of Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy style.

3)resources don't just provide MMP. Armies depended on oil for movement so apply penalties if you don't control oil fields (the Brits will need help here unless you can show the Nigerian oil fields)and mines effect supplies by redcing the supply rating of a city of you don't control a mine. This should make resources a much more strategic asset that can punish players who don't defend them. In a Pacific/Global theatre Japan would need the East Indies oil.

4) Allow allies to declare war on the Russians and side with the Germans instead in 1945 (I think Patton wanted to do this?).

5) extend the game to allow play into the 1950's but to represent war exhaustion start reducing the MMP each country gets from 1946 onwards.

6)The British Empire was far vaster than the French and I don't think this is represented well at the moment. Given limits to map size though and the requirements of play balance I'm not sure what you could do. In a Global game something would need to be done incl allowing the recruitment of Indian, Anzac Etc troops locally.

7) declining research - I.E for the 1st 250 MMP you get 5% chance, 2nd 250MMP you get 4% etc.

All comments welcome.