Ships

Munro

I believe land units can only attack a ship if it is in port. Lesson for SC: don't leave your ships on the port hex, place them around it.

Personally I don't think land units should be able to attack ships at *all*.

The only time a land unit should damage a ship is if it gains control of an ennemy port, in this case it should have a chance to damage and/or capture any ships in port at the time.

Nope, land units can attack ships anytime their adjacent. And, since ships only bombard with a force of 1, your lucky to get 1 hit on the land unit. The next turn the Tank, Corps or Army can attack the ship with a force of 2, 3, or 6, respectfully. So much for shore bombardment !

Originally posted by Munro:

Nope, land units can attack ships anytime their adjacent. And, since ships only bombard with a force of 1, your lucky to get 1 hit on the land unit. The next turn the Tank, Corps or Army can attack the ship with a force of 2, 3, or 6, respectfully. So much for shore bombardment !

... ? Which patch version are you running I just tested this and could only attack an ennemy ship when it was in port.

Originally posted by Munro:

Ship can only be attacked in port.

The latest patch, V104, or so it says in the lower right corner. Don't know what it said before. The first time I DL the patch to my Download dir and unzipped it there, the second time I DL directly into the SC dir. After the second running of the patch it doesn't happen anymore, hehe. Thanks for your help !

[ October 02, 2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Munro ]