Misc. Vehicles ?

I was just wondering where vehicles like the BA-10 and T-40 fit into the picture. I can find divisional oob for armor and infantry but these guys are never mentioned. Were they attached to an infantry division or an armor division, and in what kind of numbers did they appear? That might just be a better question,... what kind of vehcles, if any were part of an infantry division. Other then the typical horses, carts and trucks, how did both the Germans' and Russians' deploy thier not so glorious combat vehicles ?

Really you are aking a very big question here : ) First off Wkipedia gives a quick rundown on the tank , production numbers, and usage as a recon tank. It adds the highly significant not much used after 1941.

As in all armies the stuff that could not cut it on the front disappeared into the rear areas. In this case the Germans probably had a few too : ).

Early war Russia was not a motorised society with very few paved roads outside big towns. Horses for them and the Germans were very important. Particularly so given the effect of General Winter on the terrain. Motorised transports became more common for both sides as the war progressed - excepting the final throes of the Reich.

So as to a specific answer - it depends what date you are asking about ....

Thanks for the site to look through. I know it's a large amount of vehicles spread over numerous years. I was more wondering if there was more of a general rule of thumb, with reguards to what a recon company consisted of on paper. Were there 50 of these little tanketts on the Russian side in a company or way more or what have you. Just wondering as when you play a scenario you rarely see these little guys and when you do they are few in number as there is so much focus on the big boys.

I see what you are saying : ) However nost battles are ME's or scenarios and what was a true complement would rarely ever be seen. But then in the case of recon you would expect them to be split up over a wider area than most units. I believe the British recon would go about in pairs - on the basis one would report back why the other failed to return : )

In ME's you occassionally find people who wish to fight light forces ... two recon screens meeting so you could end up with a fistful on the field.

I suppose what I am saying is that regardless of real life complements playing Combat Mission means you almost invariably play with only fractions of the units. However it is always nice to know the correct answer : )

I am sure the infois out there but I have not been able to find it this morning!