Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

War Readiness effects for Axis DOW by Country

Leopard

I've been compiling this for awhile, and decided to share it for possible use in the Strategy Guide. Each figure was an average of at least 8 samples with most samples of 15 or more. Because of the small standard deviation of the data, I feel the averages are fairly accurate despite the small sample sizes. I have no data on Axis invasion of the USA or Canada because I never do that. Sea Lion has not been documented enough by me to have a figure for it either.

I erased the original, so I no longer can say with certainty what the ranges are, but most will only fluxuate by 1 or 2 points within a game. Every 5th or 6th sample the fluxuation could be 3-4 points. If anyone else has done this and has different results of greater than 2%, let me know. Most of the tests were done using normal German invasion patterns, of Denmark, Norway, and LC to open. From there most possibilities for the 4th German DOW, such as Sweeden, Vichy, Spain, Iraq, etc were all tested in various orders.

What I found most surprising is that invading Sweeden has about the same effect as invading Vichy or Spain. And that Iraq is a killer (18%) for both USA and USSR readiness.

How to wake a sleeping bear: Invade Turkey or the Baltic States.

War Readiness effects for Axis DOW

USSR% USA% Total%

Ireland 4 6 10

Norway 5 8 13

Greece 5 8 13

Denmark 6 8 14

Low Countries 6 9 15

Portugal 4 11 15

Sweeden 4 15 19

Spain 5 15 20

Vichy France 5 16 21

Iraq 18 18 36

Baltic States 33 7 40

Turkey 36 9 45

OK thanks. Some of these numbers are a little different from what I got off the forum earlier, but look OK. I'm just about ready with the Strategy Guide update and will go through it again to make some adjustments to the war readiness numbers.

Update. I did add comments about Axis DOW on Iraq which I didn't have before. +18% increase for both USA and USSR is significant. The other numbers are close enough to what I tested before, but remember there is a 3-6% variance for all these readiness numbers. Thanks.

[ June 23, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Bill Macon ]