Master reich killer

aesopo123

Just thought we should have an updated running list of people who are able to take on the axis computer on expert level and plus two experience. FOG on, free french, siberian transfer on, random entry, partisans on.

I have already boasted about this in the past but it is been awhile since I played SC again.

I admit that I had to use gamey tactics to win. Transfering a lot of French forces to UK territory, disbanding their naval units to get their MMPs, siting tight with the UK and doing max research on fighter tech. Keep your fighters out of reach of the luftwaffe. Also put some money into industrial tech. Don't go buying yet until later.

When Germany invades the USSR, haul your forces to form a defensive front along Moscow, to Stalingrad and Rostov. Put your research pts into your anti-tank techs. Hide your aircraft as they are no match for the luftwaffe ( you might even want to disband them to get your generals ).

Last line of defense would be the ural mountains as they offer excellent terrain for defense. Your center will usuall by broken and concede into halving your army defending behind the urals and the stalingrad rostov river line. Don'twaste time going after Finland. It's not worth the MMPs and time.

Put your armor in reserve for counterattacks against weakened enemy units.

When the US comes on board, put every research money into anti-tank as you need strong infantry to make d-day successful. Don't ship your units to UK as you have the double expense of transporting them again for the invasion.

When your fighters as the UK reach three level and your US infantry tech reaches three, get ready to invade. By now, the UK would have about 5000 MMPs. Just pour it all on two generals and 10 air fleets and you are ready to rock.

The USSR at this point is defending either at the urals or barely holding on to moscow-rostov defensive line.

At this point your sea invasion will cut through France and Germany like a butter knife.

Come on folks! Anyone else who have done this at this level and give us a short description of what you did. I am trying the axis right now at expert level and giving the AI plus two experience. No free French. It's a little (yeah right!) difficult. It seems you have to sit tight on the Russian front and deal with the UK with sealion (please do before they start bombing the hell out of you and you take massive losses because of their increased experience) and hold the eastern front line as the mountains in your eastern front provides excellent defensive terrain and just stack army units on your other hexes. I have to push tech 5 levels in infantry and 3 in jets, and two in armor to roll the USSR.

of French forces to UK territory, disbanding their naval units to get their MMPs, siting tight with the UK and doing max research on fighter tech.
I'll admit that I used to do this at one point, but I quickly leanred that this is a fatal mistake.

You let France fall too early against a experienced or avarage opponent and the game will be over before Russia even enters, you'll be cookie-cuttered to death.

When Germany invades the USSR, haul your forces to form a defensive front along Moscow, to Stalingrad and Rostov.
Why would you pull back so far so early, you only give the Axis free mpps.

Last line of defense would be the ural mountains as they offer excellent terrain for defense. Your center will usuall by broken and concede into halving your army defending behind the urals and the stalingrad rostov river line.
If the Germans have you back that far, chances are you've already lost the war.

You may be able to defend the Urals for awhile but its nearly impossible to remained linked up with your Stalingrad - Rostov line (if it hasn't already been cutoff as it is).

Regardless, if your pushed back that far, you will be overwelmed by Axis mpps while scratching the bottom of the barrel just to reinforce what you have left.

Don't waste time going after Finland. It's not worth the MMPs and time.
100% wrong with that one, if you can take it, go for it. Not only can you use the extra mpps, but it's also one less place the Germans can launch a major offensive against you, its one less place where you have to commit troops.

By now, the UK would have about 5000 MMPs. Just pour it all on two generals and 10 air fleets and you are ready to rock.
Another huge mistake that may very well lose you the war.

Sending a untested Royal Air Force up against a very experienced Luftwaffe is a bad thing.

All that Axis player has to do is operate his airfleets to the west along with Manstein and he will chew your ass.

Yes, it would be one hell of a fight, but chances are, you will soon run into mpp problems with keeping you AFs reinforces and thats where he'll get you.

Against the AI, your strategy may work, go up against a real person and you'll be cut to pieces.

Comrade Trapp

[ May 18, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />By now, the UK would have about 5000 MMPs. Just pour it all on two generals and 10 air fleets and you are ready to rock.

Another huge mistake that may very well lose you the war.

Yes, it would be one hell of a fight, but chances are, you will soon run into mpp problems with keeping you AFs reinforces and thats where he'll get you.

Comrade Trapp </font>

Originally posted by aesopo123:

You forget, you are playing on expert level and giving the ai plus two experience. I would like for you to go ahead and try your recommendation at this level.

Have you been listening to anything we've been saying?

Beating the AI on any level or experience is nothing compared to playing a real person, period.

The AI is not only too predictable, but makes the same mistakes time and again. I can go into alot of detail on this but I'm not going to waste the time (since it's already been dicussed many times over the past two years, just do a search).

Ask anyone, they will all tell you the same thing we just did.

The focus of this thread is just to share ideas on how to trump the ai on hardest levels. Way... way... off on playing against a human opponent. Finis.

Funny, I thought that the focus of this thread was:

Just thought we should have an updated running list of people who are able to take on the axis computer on expert level and plus two experience. FOG on, free french, siberian transfer on, random entry, partisans on.
You created this thread to brag about your ability to beat the AI.

We're telling you nicely that beating the AI on any level isn't that great of an achievement and that if you tried to use your tactics in a real game, you would have your ass handed to you rather quickly.

testy testy testy. If you would like to start a pbem game, I would gladly hand your ass quickly to you. Either as the axis or allies.

aesopo123@hotmail.com

Fine, we make an AAR right here in the SC forum.

I got Allies using a standard bid and bidding system. Bid 150 (1:5:20)(US:UK:USSR).

These are my conditions, do you accept?