* New Campaigns for Strategic Command *

Hi fellow wargamers smile.gif

While I'm waiting to receive SC I was wondering what user-made campaigns you would recommend that I download and play?

Are there some campaigns that you particularly enjoyed?

Are there some that are especially tough?

I, and others, would be grateful to get your feedback/reviews.

I'm an Advanced Third Reich veteran Kelly, and I can say, that without a thorough reading of the manual, the AI will not lie down in your game.

I play on basic settings. True I have not played the game in excess of 30 actual games yet.

Some here might have played it several hundreds of games, and a lot against humans.

Some are analytical demons too.

Well in my defense, I have sex twice a day, and go outdoors and mingle with people in person dring the day as well heheh. In short, I don't play SC all day and night smile.gif

If you have a life, and don't play the game night and day, it is possible you will find the AI challenging for a while.

Some of our single lads with questionable priority levels though, they can average burn out in about a week it seems.

Very sad eh.

Les:

Great, I'm looking forward to getting thrashed by the AI. Nothing I like better than getting beat by the AI. Means I got some learn' and fightn' to do - heh

That also means, if the default campaigns are tough, then (if I know wargamer design methodology), then the user campaigns should be even tougher.

Best of all, with the editor, a person can tweak things to really make a tough challenge.

I've got tons of games and have played wargames for years - haven't burnt out yet (fingers crossed).

It's just so rare to get a strategic-level game, that I am sure to get enjoyment from it for a while.

Great, I'm looking forward to getting thrashed by the AI. Nothing I like better than getting beat by the AI. Means I got some learn' and fightn' to do - heh
Oh yeah, the AI can and will eat your lunch if you are not careful. But it does have its limitations, and after a while you should be able to beat it on intermediate or higher settings. The Strategy Guide (and errata file!) will help get you up to speed quickly.

The various Campaign mods at SCHQ and also at the Games Depot at Wargamer.com have some good documentation for what was edited to improve play against both the AI and humans and why. They're not "perfect" scenarios, but are pretty good and at least show what can be done. Be sure to check out other the other scenarios, and feel free to modify things yourself. smile.gif

Some are analytical demons too.
Guilty, your honor. tongue.gif