Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hail from the New Recruit...at least new to SC

Myk

Having been a lurker on this forum for several weeks and having devoured the demo a dozen times I'd decided to pick up the game.

Luckily for me, as I lack a credit card, I found a boxed version of the game at a fairly local (90mins south) Software Etc.

I expect to practice on this game all weekend or at least until my wife successfully tears me away from the keyboard.

Starting next week, I'll be up for a PBEM game. So, should any of you be inclinded to school me in such a game, I'd be obliged.

BTW, I happen to be an old TacOps player and beta-tester, so if any of you were involved with that excellent game back in 1995-6 you may already know me.

I can send turns daily, but only at night during the week.

I already can't wait for SCII and look forward to a list of new features being added.

Semper Fi,

Myk

Greetings, the AI will keep you busy long enough for you to hear all the useful gossip.

To comments, don't read the manual or SC guide and remain lousy like me, or play a lot and study a lot, and become one of our dangerous opponents hehe.

PBEM is good, you might also try TCP/IP. I have a couple of times, and I find it fun as well.

Just requires a bit of spare time is all.

BTW, I happen to be an old TacOps player
Ah, an old Arsenal veteran! I also migrated with TacOps to Hasbro and then Battlefront. Battlefront? Who? Well, that introduced me to Combat Mission and then the early announcements for Strategic Command, the pre-beta forum discussions and SuperTed's delightful AARs, and the rest is history.

Be sure to check out the mods, custom scenarios, and Strategy Guide. There's plenty to keep you busy. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome mates!

I <ahem> played my first campaign until 5:30am overnight last night as Axis. I keep forgetting I am not as young as I used to be.

Anyhow, I thought my war in the east was going badly until I realized two of my army groups were adjacent to Moscow.<g>

England only lasted until the air fleets defending her were obliterated.

America is now learning German the hard way.

Time to switch to allies.

As for Arsenal, I used to work for them. Unfortunately, for all the grand plans and several excellent games they were to publish, things fell apart.

At least MajorH was kind enough to name a scenario after me.

Speaking of which, and this is probably the wrong forum, but I'll need to pick up TacOps 4 in the near future too.

Well, at least it's -6 out today, so I have a ready excuse should my wife want me to do any chores outside. ;)