AAR - World League Title Bout - Rambo #1 vs Avatar #2

jon_j_rambo

Can't get any better than this. An All-North-American World League Title Fight. Only in World League can you battle after battle with the World's Best Players. You must defend your honor. You must defend your land. You must defend the Championship Belt.

From Canada, Avatar, ranked #2. First time a Canuck will challenge for the top spot. He likes playing the Allies.

From Boise, Rambo, ranked #1. Do I need an intro? smile.gif

Avatar likes the Allies, I like the Axis, but I only go so high anymore.

Bid 175, standard rules.

Yeah, always the freakin' breakthru. No break for me ;) Seriously, I like the challenge, and a lot of the time, it don't mean ****.

Units form line in France, waiting for German onslaught to begin. Ireland is attacked and assailed by 2 Carriers, Fighter. U-Boats being hunted down. Polish units cross Vistula into Germany. Polish Corp 2 hex away from Berlin and Prague. Will poland surrender?

Axis, turn #2, October 1939 ---

- Warsaw taken, 2-units killed, Poles converted.

- LC converted.

- Denmark pinged.

- Subs attack the UK-Carrier Courageous West of Ireland, after the IRA corps spots it. Brave U-Boat take 6-hits of damage, but dishes out 4-hits.

And 4-hits to the Carrier is all I lose, I'm really thinking it could have been 10-hits.

- Pols Surrender, again, too easy for turn 2.

- Allies counter attack in LC. Sacrificial French Army sent in to block German Advance after destroying Corp.

- Home Fleet destroys German subs off west coast of Ireland.

March 1940 ---

- French Army in Western Ardennes is introduced to the entire Luftwaffen (5-units) & attacked by Panzer & Army, they are destroyed. German Army takes the Western Ardennes.

- Canadain Corp finds the First Blood Hex is a graveyard.

- Manstein signs contract.

Late July 1940 ---

- Paris surrounded, will fall for sure next turn.

- Huge air battles, RAF attacks German HQ in Eastern Ardennes. British sent 3-fighters, all three intercepted by the Luftwaffen's Finest.

- Immediate counter attacks against Royal Navy to force intercepts, only 1-RAF is able, rest are obvioulsy under strength-4. British Warship is sunk.

- Luftwaffen flies over the the English Channel, attacks one of the non-intercepting RAF units, I score a hit, but not a kill. It was worth a try.

- Italians take Malta.

Late August 1940 ---

- Royal Navy spotted defending the shores of Norway from potential invasion. Germans engage with both Sea & Air. One UK Warship sunk, another reduced to strength-1. No casualties for the Axis.

- Italy backs away from the Rock of Gibralter.

September 1940 ---

- Royal Navy is getting thinned out, 2 more sunk near Norway, they were trapped smile.gif Another will face the same fate next turn. No German deaths, just a little damage to my fleet. Luftwaffen conducting excellent missions against the surface vessels.