I have "mod mania", but need "CMMOS For Dummies"

Can anyone out there help out a fellow CM gamer? I have been afflicted with mod mania. I can't get enough! What I love about the CM line is that you can change almost everything to suit your taste. However, I am a cyber neophyte and I cannot seem to decypher the very basic download instructions for CMMOS. Does anyone have enough time to spend giving me detailed, step by step instructions? Remember, talk to me like I am an idiot (you won't be far off the mark :rolleyes:

I have the rule sets, but every time I want to move the file my Winzip unzips it--which is what I SHOULDN'T do. So, how do I circumvent the Winzip stuff and get those cool winter tank mods into CMMOS? :confused:

I am also somewhat of a mod nut myself but have decided that there are so many great mods out there that aren't CMMO'ed that I'll do without it. Just my opinion. Besides I will use a certain mod for awhile and then have the fun of looking for another one and using it for awhile. So I guess I am just saying there is life without CMMO - in case no kind soul comes alone to help you.

Thanks for the sympathy,Lee. I have been using CMMOD Database--real cool, but they just don't have much of a selection for CMBO. In fact, there are absolutely NO US armor mods available. :(

I have tried Tom's CMHQ but that site also is limited. So, any OTHER CMBO mod sites with CMBO mods available? :confused:

Thank you and your husband, Rachel for the tip. I found the "3rd Party Mod" site that has my wanted winter mods.

But, since I have CMMOS installed I still would like to use it.

I could spend more time learning the computer, but that time is better spent playing CM! tongue.gif

Tooz:

Have you tried to right click the zip file-then cut-then paste the zip file to the folder you want to move it to? Try that :D I do that when I download a whole bunch of zip files from my original download file to where I want them. I will check back later today to see if this works for you :D

Winks

What MODS out there are for terrain, building and overall graphics of CMBO? is there a MODS pakage made just for that? Im just looking for something to beef up the look of CMBO. Or should i wait for the retail version of CMBO. Will the CMMOS helph me install these Mods and better?