Does The Game Cheat???

elguapo2003

There are a number of facrors that could have caused that. It could be your units experience or his, his entrenchment level, were you crossing a river when attacking, did you have an HQ around your units? I know...its a bitch when that happens.

[ January 24, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

I don't think the game cheats per say, it does get annoying when that happens though. HQ's plus experienced troops are often the key to breaking cities. Also, if the enemy has any HQ's near by that would effect his troops try sending 1 or 2 units to drive him off or even kill him. HQ's usally run back when tanks come at them smile.gif

One of the keys to a city is the entrenchment level of the unit there.

Say you are attacking a corps in the city of Uberburgsgradville which an entrenchment level of 4. There is a good chance that your first attacks against it will do absolutely nothing except strip the entrenchment value. Of course each attack that strips the e-value will give the defending unit experience.

As the entrenchment value drops the chances of you damaging it becomes higher however you are giving the unit being attacked lots of experience.

If you are attacking with weak units, un-experienced and not supported by an HQ you are not going to get very far. Attacking with well supplied experienced troops is the key to it.

The computer is not cheating. It just has a better grasp of the math and what is required.

That's why once I park a unit in a city I don't move it if the city is in any danger at all.

Losing that entrenchment value sucks.

One of the keys to a city is the entrenchment level of the unit there.

Say you are attacking a corps in the city of Uberburgsgradville which an entrenchment level of 4. There is a good chance that your first attacks against it will do absolutely nothing except strip the entrenchment value. Of course each attack that strips the e-value will give the defending unit experience.

As the entrenchment value drops the chances of you damaging it becomes higher however you are giving the unit being attacked lots of experience.

If you are attacking with weak units, un-experienced and not supported by an HQ you are not going to get very far. Attacking with well supplied experienced troops is the key to it.

The computer is not cheating. It just has a better grasp of the math and what is required.

That's why once I park a unit in a city I don't move it if the city is in any danger at all.

Losing that entrenchment value sucks.

The game cheats. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have surrounded units on 4 or more sides and the computer has been able to strategically move them to soe other location. This one is confirmed. If one of my units is surrounded on 4 or more sides, it cannot move strategically...ever.

I have seen a ground unit reinforce and then attack. This is unconfirmed as I was only half looking.

As for the air power thing, make a preliminary attack with a ground unit or two to reduce the target's readiness and then paste the unit with air support.

I have noticed though that the AI air power seems to be much more effective, especially against units in a city. However, I have had no problems hitting a unit in the open.

John

John, in the four months I have been playing SC, I have never seen any that. As for the units being able to strategicly withdraw when you have it surrounded by 4 sides, it may have happend because of a enemy HQ in the area (I am just guessing). Now if it strategicly withdraws when you have it completley surrounded, then that is something to worry about.

Comrade Trapp