Gibralter and Alex

Yohan

Both these sites only allow supply levels of 5. I think this is in error. Both of theses should be 10 suuply. Also Alex should allow builds (as has been mentioned earlier). Heck if the Germans can build in Paris and Madrid (the Germans built in Madrid the first turn I invaded Spain #$#$%) then surely the Brits can build in Alex. I mean think of all the Indian, Aussie, South African and NZ troops.

Hang in there. I expect we will see some changes regarding this and other little discrepancies which hinder the allies. All await the results of the BIG PBEM CHALLENGE, which should reveal certain inadequecies, which, once adressed, will make for even a better wargaming experience. :rolleyes:

Both these sites only allow supply levels of 5. I think this is in error. Both of theses should be 10 suuply. Also Alex should allow builds (as has been mentioned earlier). Heck if the Germans can build in Paris and Madrid (the Germans built in Madrid the first turn I invaded Spain #$#$%) then surely the Brits can build in Alex. I mean think of all the Indian, Aussie, South African and NZ troops.
I wonder if changing the supply to 10 would be too much in this game. Gibralter is tough from the sea, but should not be impossible to take from land, so 5 seems OK. Alexandria could be 10, but with only the one hexrow for operations that may make it too tough in this version.

Previous comments about Alexandria being a British "home" city for builds, which would permit builds on adjacent hexes, may be too much. But the current coding for "occupied" cities allowing a single build may work if it could be applied to Alexandria. Other discussions about limiting all builds to home country except maybe Alexandria should be seriously considered for a future patch.

Changing it to a supply level of >6< will let the

British player reinforce the garrison back up to

maximum. But Hubert might point out that that is

as it should be: the only extensive drydocks for

the Royal Navy are in England, so perhaps 5 is

appropriate. But minor country capitals should be

a six, so they [Finland!] can reinforce back up to

maximum.

John DiFool