Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Battle of France Tournament: 2 - questions

jon_j_rambo

1) Who takes the Axis first? I'd rather play the Allies first, to see what date I must beat to win.

2) The Polish turn #5 rule should be changed to,"Poland & France must surrender to win". Long as the Germans take Poland, it shouldn't matter, hate to lose a game because of whacky luck.

Rambo,

1) answer to your first question: Player listed first plays axis first. You were listed first. However, I take that as a guideline. If your opponant is willing you can switch. Its just a guideline in case the players cant decide or dont know who should start.

2) on your second question. I understand your feelings. The rule was put in place to stop a German player from not trying to conqurer Poland in the normal time as in a normal game. I will not list it as you have listed it but I will increase the time frame that Poland must fall by turn 7. How about that. That way luck should not be invovled and the axis player should in any case be able to take Poland in 7 turns if he really wants to and needs to in this case.

Is that ok with you.

We aim to please, or at least try to be fair and understanding.

hey Curry, I assume the rule Allies can't DOW LC in turn 1 is there primary to prevent Allies from denying Axis the plunder, because I don't see any threat to Germany otherwise (I haven't experimented with it much but it looks to me like an Allied attack on the LC in turn won't slow the French campaign a bit if Axis opened properly and moved units west. So, that logic established, don't you need a similar rule to prevent Allies from a turn 1 DOW of Denmark to deny plunder there?

Aha, now that I wrote the question, I figured out the answer. Axis simply always DOW on Denmark turn 1 in this game.

well, I'll post this since it is all ready to go, perhaps someone has a counter argument why an Allied turn 1 attack on the LC could be worth the risk (leaving aside the denying plunder factor)

FF