Newbie in problems

DAK_21PzDivision

Nomada back in WW2 didn't hear much of Sub to Sub Warfare. Don't think the Torpedoes could be accurately fired on another submerged Sub and be harder to hit such a small target even on the surface. The only way for real combat would be the deck guns. Plus Allies shouldn't really buy subs unless to hunt Transports. Not a big issue really..

I noticed that even transports have a small defense value when suprise contact is made. weird I know, think the same applies for the Sub. that means just about every unit in the game accept for HQ have some sort of direct combat ability... Odd though, if you bump into a Transporting HQ then why the difference tongue.gif heh

Also why do you allow HQs to take Hexes!

In a surprise contact attacker and defender change roles. I.e. if a sub moves and has a surprise contact, then it is the defender and not the attacker any more. Since a sub has a defence value of 0 vs all attackers, this is very bad for the sub ;) . If it encounters another sub, then the other sub will be the attacker and attacks the sub with its naval attack value. In a surprise contact anyone can attack and its not possible to dive for a surprised sub - I guess in this case they count as normal naval units and not as subs.

I am not perfectly sure since it happens too seldom, but from experience I think the unit that surprises the moving unit receives a bonus on its attack factor (I guess it is attack factor +1 or +2). Therefore also usually helpless HQs and transports can attack a surprised unit with an attack value of 1 or 2. From some combat results I think most probably it is random how much bonus they receive - or it depends on the kind of surprised unit...if the surprised unit is a transports, losses are usually extremly high (Bonus has to be 2 or even 3).