CMAK - A Taste of Italy - Spoilers

I apologize if this scenario has already been dicussed. I did a search in this forum and couldn't find it.

I just played this scenario as Allied vs. AI and suffered a minor defeat.

I was held up by the MG42s. I used indirect fire by two 60mm mortars on the south HMG, but that didn't seem to be very effective. I tried 60mm direct fire and the M2 on the north HMG, but the machine gunner perforated my halftrack and kept the mortar pinned. I was able to take out both machine guns with smoke and infantry, but they depleted my force so much that I was unable to take the village.

Also, I know .50 cals can take out armored cars and halftracks, but how effective are they against squads in heavy buildings?

Basically, I realized I have no idea how to take out infantry in buildings with the force provided. Do bazookas work against squads in buildings?