Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The New Look -- Great Work Battle Front

JerseyJohn

Gentlemen, this new format is much better than the earlier version.

In the past, having the attention span of a flea, I'd often forget what I was responding to. Now, even a guy like me, who forgets his own address during long walks (long because he's lost!) can just scroll upwards and see how mean people were to him in the preceeding posts.

My hat, if I owned one, would be donned in your honor!

Well Done. smile.gif

Dutch, being able to see the previous posts while you're writing yours, the quick reply box -- so you can just jump in and write if you don't plane to past photos or use smileys, if you want those use the Full Reply Form -- and probably a few other things I haven't noticed yet.

What I really like is being able to see the preceeding posts in a Thread while I'm responding. It makes things much easier.

Could it be that I'm the only person B. F. has provided with this new interface?

Well, if that's the case, I'm honored and hope Jim becomes the second.

Jim,

-- Now that you've adapted that song, I can't remember the original lyrics -- something about

"Oh where oh where has my little dog gone, oh where oh where can he be --?"

Man, I remember that one being on the radio when I was, maybe two or three!

I'd say thanks for the memory except I know it would bring up another old song.

Okay, I give up!

I have looked hi and low

I have looked near and far

I have looked Hither and Yon

I did find out that Yon is a very jealous Scandinavian that did NOT appreciate me searching his girl friend Hither

REGARDLESS

Nothing has changed. Where are these New Features?

I am allowed only two options still:

Post or Preview Post

I have heard that Moon is trying to get my options to read:

Log Off or Delete Post

But so far no change.

"I have heard that Moon is trying to get my options to read:

Log Off or Delete Post"

He's made that same suggestion to you too!

Actually, in the Add Reply box there are no options at all. I put in italics and bold manually by inserting the brackets myself. Presumably Full Reply Form has all the smileys and other things.

What I really like, though, is being able to scross and see the previous postings.

Presumably if you want to use Full Reply Form you need to click on it before starting a response, but I don't know as I haven't tried it yet.

What I really like, though, is being able to scross...
What is... SCROSS?

Verb-like, as in... "to scross someone or something" or noun-like, as in... I used to be able to do scross-word puzzles?

Is that but another of those avante garde East Coast conceits that hasn't crossed over the mighty Mississippi yet... and on out here to the great and not-so-scrossable Desert? ;)

BTW, I can't also do none of those things that JJ can apparently be honored to do, soo-ooo... what? :confused:

Immer,

I was reading a facksymallee of a book written in Olde English and found that they often used f for s. It was also used for it's rightful spot as f, causing great confusion at times. Anyway, that has nothing to do with this issue but I thought I'd mention it. The also used normal S's, so I guess when they ran out of them they's stick in a spare F!

For decades I've been doing battle with the querkie keyboard arrangement and it seems that after all these years it's, the letters s and l are in the wrong places!

Scross does sound like some sort of word though. I'll have to start cracking my thickest and deservedly least used dictionaries to find it. Sounds like some frowned upon and archaic form of disrespect! Sorry, in Olde English print that would be difrefpect -- true! :D

author01-01.jpg

[ February 23, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

JP

Ah, glad you found it, I've been dusting off those old tomes and think I threw my back out -- now I won't need to look it up and can save myself a hernia! Much Thanks.

Bartles and James has a sensible approach to these linguistic issues, just like Hennesy and Teachers and the unabridged Johnny Walker Black edition! :D