Operation Husky

I was designing a Sicily operation with Brian Martuzas but he has given up on CM after computer problems. I have spent today finished the briefings. Testing has been more minimal than our past scenarios.

Involves Darby's Rangers landing at Gela and fighting the Herman Goring Division.

Probably going to be my last Scenarios and Operations for a while.

So far I have played the first two battles as Allied, securing Gela and about 400m inland. Well, in the setup of the third battle the entire deployment zone is merely in the mediterean. Every of my core forces are in blue zones without ammunition being replenished and the new reinforcements are concentrated on the beach. There was no enemy breakthrough in my lines the battle before. I will continue it this way, but will loose a lot of time with organizing and bringing forward the reinforcements.

I have now Italian infantryin my back, they gathered around the flags in Gela and the flag at the eastern coast. At the later I am lucky that I have kept one platoon of infantry from the last battle as reserve, but Gela has to be occupied a second time by my reinforcments.

I think I should have kept the core forces from battle one and two in the town without attacking north.

The AI only counterattacks very late in each battle, most of its units are concentrated around the victory locations to the north. Also most of the tanks.

The advanced elements (several ranger companies) are now directly in contact from the start with not much ammo left (e.g. the AT-guns), and I cannot reposition them in the blue setup zones. Because of this, some units, which had been to near to other ones in the last battle, are now unprotected in the open.

I will restart from the end of the first battle...