Readiness Dates

Hueristic

What are the exact dates the russian and american readiness values start to increase and by how much per turn? Also i believe 2 corps within russian border in 40 and 3 units within 2 hexes in 41 will keep this at bay until that timed point. Is this correct? Ahh also i believe if you leave a baltic state capitol open this will cause Russian rediness to increase by 5 per open cap? Is this correct.

[ January 18, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Hueristic ]

I'm not sure exactly what the German garrison requirements are since I haven't played them yet hehe.

But I'm also wondering if it's possible for Germany to declare war on the Baltic states first and move in.

Will Russia enter the war if germany does declare war on the baltic states in 1939?

The Russians WILL NOT delcare war in 1939 if you invade the Baltic States, they find it much more effective to stroll across the boarder around May 1940 while your entire army is commited in France. Unless you want to experience "The Battle for Berlin" in the fall of 1940, I highly suggest that you stay away from the Baltic States.

Well this question is obviosly known to The better axis players but i guess they are unwilling to share. so i started doing some tests the other day and it seems these questions cannpt be answered exactly without a major undertaking as there is a random factor involved. I have a few data sheets going and am getting close to some Quantative stats. Until this study is finished I can give all you who want to hold the ruskies at bay this info. Have 2 units within 2 hexes of border from Mountain below warsaw(not in mountains) to Konigsberg. Makeing sure at least one of those citys is garrisoned. At Dec 40 place 2 more units within 2 hexes of same border. these may be corp or army(i haven't tested armor). Both cities must be garisoned at this point. At june 8th one more unit. this is when the timer starts. I've managed to get it to only raise 1 on this turn but there seems to be a random factor i have not nailed down yet. I recommend 3 corps and 2 armies at this time. AND remeber placeing TOO much strength will increase readiness as fast as not enough! Guess they get ansy either way smile.gif Will post More as my tests progress.