Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

German Economy Adjustment

JerseyJohn

About a year ago a lively and interesting few threads were run here about Germany's true historical production ability and it's representation in SC.

Principally discussed was the role of neutral economies, such as Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal and Spain.

None of us thought about it at the time, but the influence of those economies can be adjusted in the game through the simple expedient of raising Germany's Industrial Research level, lowering the cost of units and, in effect, giving Germany the stronger economy she actually had. I think making it L2 (1pt for each pair of neutrals) easily does the trick.

If you want to go a bit further and speculate on Germany without it's psychotic Holocaust program, I think making it L3 would be reasonable.

To keep things from becoming a blowout, in the 1939 campaign, I'd add a UK army, tank unit and HQ to Egypt, and a 4 point UK B. E. F. army southwest of Paris.

Interesting idea and nice balancing effect. The extra forces in Egypt given them a real chance to take Iraq and redeploy to defend Egypt before the Axis forces can reach Egypt in force. Also, with this advantage I would say that Germany can't attack Spain and/or Sweden as the resulting MPP bonus would be too great for the allies to overcome.

[ August 01, 2004, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Thanks Edwin,

This is only an historical adjustment and has nothing to do with gameplay, other things would need to be changed to keep the Axis from bulldozing through France during the winter and then having an overwhelming advantage later on.

It would need to be balanced by doing things such as creating a few understregnth Allied units such as the French Billotte HQ near Paris and an understregnth BEF in the same area. Zappsweeden's Lend-lease idea should also be used for Britain in which US cities are made UK, increasing it's MPPs.