East Vs West In 1945

reiver

Other than using the editor to pretend that the German units represent the Soviet Union, is there a way of getting a straight fight between the East and West upon the demise of Nazi Germany?

Alternatively can the Unit sprights be altered to change the German ones to Soviet ones?

I usually end up in 1945 or 46 with a huge Red Army and powerful Anglo American forces glowering at each other in the middle of Europe and it would be pretty interesting to see who'd win.

Our Grandmaster of Scenario Innovation, Carl von Mannerheim, has a scenario at Otto's that's downloadable in which there's a NATO vs Warsaw Block war set in 1962.

What CvM did was have Germany as the USSR, in other words Germany has concquered Russia and the two are, in game terms, the Soviet Union.

I don't want to discuss it very much as it isn't my creation, but the solution is both eloquent and brilliant! I'd highly recommend downloading it; unfortunately I don't recall the name but it's fully described at the sight, it's set as a Cuban Missle Crisis War -- not far fetched at all.

Of course, this also means that if the West captures Berlin the War is over, but that's also pretty reasonable and can always be thought of as a scenario parameter.