AAR Terif vs Zappsweden (game 2 of 2)

zappsweden

Mars, 1942:

Russia attacks Finland with naval landings. Helsinki fallse, Finland surrenders.

Axis forces are in Smolensk and are passing the Dnepr river in the south. Leningrad area is still clear from Axis invaders. The American airforce joins up with the RAF in England to fight for the control of the air.

[ January 12, 2003, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

March 22, 1942:

Leningrad is under siege, Axis forces approaching the Moscow-Rostow line. Air battles in England.

One airfleet was very brave and moved close to the front line - to brave, it was attacked by a russian corps. The corps didnt survive this Kamikaze attack smile.gif

[ January 12, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

June 14, 1942:

Axis attacks Turkey with a large italian army from Bulgaria, Iraq and naval landings along the coast supported by 3 Hqs. Sevastopol is occupied. The russian counterattack has been beaten back. Leningrad and Finnland are separated from Moskow. Some UK and US transports at Norway and Germany, but no landings so far. Air battles at England.

July 12, 1942:

US Transports along the french coast. Three axis airfleets let them pay the price: one army-transport sunk, one UK airfleet destroyed. Leningrad and Istanbul have been conquered. Heavy fights in Turkey. Italian battleships enter Black Sea.

August 9, 1942:

US Alabama battleship lost, Invasion forces in France suffer severe damages. Russian offensive in Iraq. Rostov conquered, Caucasus cut off and at supply lv 5. Tiflis occupied by a lonely german corps.

[ January 12, 2003, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Russia regains the connection between Moscow and Caucasus temporarily until new Axis forces run through.

Russia makes a desperate run south towards Iraque but are easily stopped. In France, the Allies suffer defeat after defeat. Turkey also goes quite bad for the Russians.

GAME IS OVER. ALLIES LOST.

This game was an easy win for Axis. After a quick conquest of France, where the Axis forces denied Allied any opportunity of good counter-attack situations, the game was already tilted strongly towards the Axis.

[ January 12, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Comments:

Also, this game proved that there is no way of stopping a good Axis player from taking Vichy, Spain, Gibraltar and later on Iraque unless he makes mistakes.

I did some mistakes:

1) I saved money for an UK HQ early on WITHOUT selling the bomber. He could break through my line without any UK corps behind stopping him. The HQ appeared when France already was doing bad.

2) I forgot 2 French corps in Africa when France

surrendered.

3) I abandoned Brest too early because i could have delayed him and really got use of my UK air then.

4) My carriers were exposed and destroyed because I gambled on that he would not have much air in the same area.

Overall, some medium mistakes but no blunders. He took Belgium without giving me an opportunity (the hex south of Belgium Capital) to counter attack him.

The battle for France is pretty much about who does the first major attacks. A GREAT AXIS PLAYER DOES THE FIRST STRIKE AND PUT THE FRENCH ON THE DEFENSIVE.

I am getting pretty annoyed at this game now because i know that the probable way to beat Terif is when being Axis. That means that even if I do win with Axis it only seems like i did not win since I am supposed to win as Axis.

[ January 12, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Well I feel it needs repeating. "Great DAR" (Dureing Action Report) Lol

I throughly enjoyed this matchup of great players in a play by play situation. Now if only we had a VCR feature to watch the entire battle from start to finish. Imagine the archives! Actually it could be done But Hmmm I may think about this. ;)

Originally posted by zappsweden:

I am currently playing a USA+UK+Russia handicap game versus Heuristic. Try it if you want to even out the Axis advantage!

In my game vs Heuristic, the bid landed on 130 MPP (my bid). Since he accepted the bid, he was Allies and with a starting bonus of 130 MPP for USA,UK and Russia EACH.

I was curious why you left the French out of the bid? Is it because 130 MPP's for France as well as the other Major Powers was just too much of a handicap?

If I had my choice, (in taking the Allied bid) I would dump Russia from the bid in exchange for France, simply because 130 MPP's are HUGE in Sept. 1939 compared to June 1941.

I think Rambo's idea for bid/play balance is a good idea and I am just curious how it is being implemented.

Thanks to everybody for helping make SC even more fun.

Sincerely,

Ken

Originally posted by kenfedoroff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zappsweden:

I am currently playing a USA+UK+Russia handicap game versus Heuristic. Try it if you want to even out the Axis advantage!

In my game vs Heuristic, the bid landed on 130 MPP (my bid). Since he accepted the bid, he was Allies and with a starting bonus of 130 MPP for USA,UK and Russia EACH.

I was curious why you left the French out of the bid? Is it because 130 MPP's for France as well as the other Major Powers was just too much of a handicap?

If I had my choice, (in taking the Allied bid) I would dump Russia from the bid in exchange for France, simply because 130 MPP's are HUGE in Sept. 1939 compared to June 1941.

I think Rambo's idea for bid/play balance is a good idea and I am just curious how it is being implemented.

Thanks to everybody for helping make SC even more fun.

Sincerely,

Ken</font>