Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What to do with the French??

Guest Mike

OK - so I've stormed ashore in mid 43 or some such, and recaptured Paris - "liberating" France.

Now it all turns blue, and suddenly I'm getting 50 or 60 or 70 MPP's/turn for teh french.

What's the point I ask myself?

What can I do with a few MPP's - raisse some low-tech infantry corps?? They aren't battleworthy in a crowded European battlefield, I don't have a partisan problem so garrisons aren't really required, and it'll take forever to get them any tech to be useful???

Anyone got any ideas??

Perhaps I should bypass Paris and just bomb it down to 1 pt per turn so the Brits & Yanks can get the French MPP's for as long as possible??? lol

thats what i normally do as i want to see these mpps in a yankee treasureres hands, as he can buy better equipment by then... and needs supply for the units in the field. its quite annoying having growing mpp-sopply for the yanks building up a big army only to see then that i cannot afford it to maintain it after the liberation of paris (and london!!). so i normally bomb the occupying unit into bits but do not march into town. ai does normally not rebuild the unit if the town is way out of its territory.

i hope there will be a lend and borrow system between allies adressed in a patch... borrowing could even have a negativ impact, lets say on research for ex.: no liabilities: max 10 resaerch points: per 400 mpp liabilities -1 max research point. so no reasearch once you borrowed 4000. then you have to repay first. just a suggestion.