AI planes not being used effectively - possible to patch?

Hickmanj

In an earlier post, Gunslinger mentions how the German planes pounded a mine instead of low units.

I noticed this last night while playing as the Axis. I play with all the "pro" Ally choices on, so taking Russia is a long process with partisan activity, no war in Siberia to tie them up, and scorched earth taking away the spoils of victory.

As a result, the United States and Britain landed a sizable invasion force in '42 in western France, complete with two HQs (the best landing I've seen the AI make to date). The Brits had Jets 2 and then 3, and had about 10 planes (mixed - Free French, USA, Brit) pounding France and the Low Countries. However, they always would move onto a stronger unit instead of pounding one unit into oblivion. They could have completely stalled my eastern front, if they had finished off the 2-3 units a round that naval and air power reduced. Instead they would get them to 4/5 strength and then choose a different target.

Is there hopes of a patch that would cause the computer to focus on finishing off a unit? It is always more expensive to buy a new unit then to just reinforce even an inexperienced entrenched one. In Russia, I focus on finishing off units, even if they have lesser strategic value because it drains Russia's resources much faster to fill the "gaps" in their defensive lines.

Any thoughts?

J