Son of SC HQ (I think assuming it works)

Les the Sarge 9-1

Well CT and company did a lot to make SC HQ fun, but he might be just to busy to want to fret over it.

Suffice it to say, this old dog just learned a new trick (which has blown me away actually)

I went to the old site of SC HQ and actually found how easy it is to use that service's service to make a forum (I thought it would be way over my head actually).

Here it is.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Sarge_Wargamers/index.php

Sarge Wargamers is what I called it (couldn't think of anything better unfortunately).

I haven't made it just a SC location though (after all I like other things eh).

But SC did of course get a special forum (because SC is after all a cool game).

No I am NOT NOT NOT NOT abandoning coming here. Why would I want to (don't answer that smile.gif ).

I don't think I will ever be able to replace Battlefront, not to mention, my forum is just going to be a hang out really.

All are welcome to come sit around and be wargamers.

Tell your friends. Tell non wargamers. (yes I have a couple of forums open to not entirely wargamerish hobbies).

Thanks in advance Battlefront for letting me say this announcement. Please let me have at least a couple of days here in SC before putting this in General if you must.

Don't everyone rush over all at once hehe. I am still figuring the thing out. But it is operational (I think).

Didn't want to steal your thunder CT
Not the point, theres no thunder to steal. The point is that I put over 24 hours of work into just finding the hosting service (wasn't easy to do), not to mention the 4 more days it took in planning and setting up the board. Also, all the time Jersey, Shaka, and myself put into it when we were still getting the hang of moderating it. Thats the point, it has nothing to do with control.

Comrade Trapp

Comrade

There's room for both but I understand your point. Let's go with the flow and see how it all comes together. I'm sure it will work out.

Les

Just registered, great idea, the more the merrier, and after registering I tried to write something and was immediately booted out! :D

Thanks Les,

Kind of dragging at the moment and will be turning in after posting at your new site.

Good Luck with it, I'm sure it will work out fine. If you find you need a moderator there I'll be glad to help out in addition to serving as a moderator at the SC HQ site. But to be honest, I'm not particularly swift with programs so, as you can only have two assistants, you might want to consider someone with more computer savvy ahead of me. Still, the invitation is appreciated and would be gladly taken up.

Well, off to check it out, will be back tomorrow. smile.gif

Thanks JJ, and CT, if you can get SC HQ up and going, I might phase out my SC section in favour of yours (which is a fair request).
No need, I'm stopping work on SCHQ and having it deleted. The whole point for it was so we could not only talk about SC and other wargames, but where we could also have off-topic discussions, a board that would be run by it's members.

That seems to be the goal of your board as well and I see no point in turing this into a pissing contest, therefore SCHQ will be deleted.

All I'm going to say is that I'm disappointed in this whole thing, and thats an understatement.

Comrade Trapp

Comrade

Don't be disappointed, Les's site is set up differently from SCHQ, it's intended for numerous other war games with only one slot for SC.

SC HQ is definitely needed, you're mixing things that are not same.

Many of the same people who post at Les's sight would post at yours and would also post here.

Sleep on it, think it over, and there's no need to see it as turning into a pissing match.

Les's site is set up differently from SCHQ, it's intended for numerous other war games with only one slot for SC.
So was SCHQ, but like I said, I'm not turning this into a pissing contest, whats done is done. I'm done talking about it.

Edited to add:

Many of the same people who post at Les's sight would post at yours and would also post here.
I never wanted it to be considered my site and you know that.

Comrade Trapp

[ December 09, 2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Actually, I meant it in a friendly way and have ALWAYS referred to it either as SC HQ or Comrade's site or, to you, as your site, as in the site you started and did 100% of the work at, as I said in the very first post I made there.

If you insist on feeling whatever it is that you're feeling that's your business, but I'm not included in whatever you're bitchy about.

When you asked me to I said I'd be pleased to help out and when Les asked I said I'd be pleased to help out -- and stipulated I'd be remaining as your assistant.

The rest is nonsense and really becoming a bit infantile.

So let's back off.

Good Night.

Jersey

I never said anything against you for aceppting Les's offer for you to become a moderator at his site so why bring it up. I responded to your e-mail, don't bother replying. I have already stated here and in the e-mail that I just want to drop the whole thing. So please, quit trying to argue I have nothing to be disappointed over, we not going to agree on it so there is nothing to talk about.

Comrade Trapp

Comrade

Arguing, who's arguing, I'm just trying to get some sleep!

I've already responded to your e-mail.

I know you didn't and you know I wasn't and we both know it shouldn't, so that about wraps it up.

I am now definitely turning in. This is a dead issue with me, and an issue I understand as well now as I did twelve hours ago, before anyone ever imagined it would happen. :rolleyes:

The difference being that twelve hours ago I was in a conscious state and now I am not.

The e-mail might be a bunch of gibberish, I don't know, if it is then delete it and if I wake up tomorrow my eyes will be open, if not they won't.

Good night once again.

No need, I'm stopping work on SCHQ and having it deleted. The whole point for it was so we could not only talk about SC and other wargames, but where we could also have off-topic discussions, a board that would be run by it's members.
Comrade, Comrade no ! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Come on man, get that board back up, that's what everyone wants. Don't let the place die because of this. So what if Les started his own (we can spam it :D ), he did it with a good heart. There's no reason you should feel the way you do (although I can understand it). SCHQ s special, at least to me and I'm sure it is to you too. Les' board is something completely different.

Comrade , I urge you to reconsider, please don't let HQ die.

I'm sure JJ feels the same and he's right when he says the two can co-exist.

Hmm, ok my final comments on the matter.

CT might later get SC HQ back up in some form, but JJ has told me CT plans on entering the marines "very soon" which is cool (he will know doubt find the "experience" incredible, when it's over hehe smile.gif ).

That said, I think he might be a tad busy fairly soon, so SC HQ might come back or might not. CT has led me to believe not.

I harbour no ill feelings whatsoever. Was never the intent of course.

My site was made on a lark, frankly it was more about proving to myself I actually had clue one how. Took me about hmm 3 hours setting it up initially.

I plan on it being a generic meeting place, but if the dominant usage becomes just one forum I won't have any regrets.

I will of course rapidly find out if anyone gives a flying fiddle dee dee too hehe smile.gif

Right now the hardest part is not blathering on about it on all the forums I participate on heheh (I am thinking of putting the link in my sig line and leaving it at that. My friends will see it soon enough smile.gif

The Invision service is actually quite nice. Unsure how useful it will be if it gets to much attention. It is indeed a free service, and as such the priviledge is based on the fact I allow free advertising through the page. I will have zero control over thatcontent by the way.

The service has some fairly logical forum content guidelines which I have basically reiterated in my own Rules of the Forum guidelines.

The site has an 8 meg storage capacity (whatever that means). But 8 megs is not infinite, so I have elected to limit forum cntent to messages just messages and nothing but messages. ie no avatars sig lines inserted pics etc.

Currently the forum has the words "experimental" written all over it hehe smile.gif I am taking it as it comes.

I am NOT planning on competing with Battlefront for your atttention, because frankly I wouldn't have a chance hehe I can't offer any sort of file download or useful content beyond gamer babble.

I hope everyone drops by at least once though smile.gif

[ December 10, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1 ]

The part about Comrade entering the Marines was covered in a Thread Comrade posted a while back and was in regard to speculation as to whether HQ would continue after he enters.

From my own AF experience over thirty years ago, it would have been nearly impossible to keep anything going within a barracks environment. In all likelihood that has since changed.

Whether a stint in any military branch would or wouldn't do anyone good isn't something I'd speculate on. Certainly I wouldn't consider Comrade immature or anything along those lines, quite the contrary.

It happens that I do believe in universal military service, or it's equivalent, as a condition for citizenship, but that's just my own personal view on things. It seems to me that this country has tens of millions of citizens who don't place any value on possessing that item and if it were actually earned it would truly mean something, but who knows, I may be way off base.

Anyhow, I hope that puts it back in context.

Overall the series of misunderstandings in this Thread are the sorry-est mess I've seen in ages.

Two people trying to do something good, so how does it end up so muddled?

I'm more than a little disgusted and truly wish I'd have signed off and stayed off before it ever got started.

[ December 10, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

It happenss JJ, ya should have seen the friggin mess I git wrapped up in a couple of weeks back at Matrix Games.

What a boondoggle.

Situation was remedied, but the fact it ever happened still stuns me.

A lot of something about a great deal of nothing that was allowed to cause trouble that never should have happened.

Well at any rate, I am falling behind dealing with a board game I am supposely helping with smile.gif

So I will have to spend some time getting that sorted out before the rest of the crew is typing WTF to often in emails hehe.

Les

"A lot of something about a great deal of nothing that was allowed to cause trouble that never should have happened."

Well put, I thought about using Much Ado About Nothing but I get too hung up on Shakespear's plays; your wording expresses it better (so start writing plays already!).

The issues became like fly paper; like when Ross Perot said "I'm not even touching that Tar Baby!" and the remark itself became a Tar Baby, taken completely out of context, of course. Well, these things happen sometimes.

Good job with the forum Les, looks like a place I will feel quite comfortable smile.gif

I hope CT will reconsider. There's absolutely no reason why the two won't be able to coexist. I can understand his initial reaction somehow though. Don't take it personnal, I'm sure he'll come around and see things our way.