SC Tournament

IrishGuards

AAR and outcome. Irish Guards defeats Hueristic.

Suffice to say it was a good match. Ger invaded and took Low Countries on turn 2. Poland and Den fell on turn 4. this led to the Italian entry jumping 25% in 1 turn as the allies in the Med set up to take out italy. His time table was ruined as italy was now 100% and coming in if he did not invade immediately. the 2 brit corps only landed and the french were allready hurting in europe. After Allies invaded Italy, most of it was taken back by Italy. Major fleet losses on both sides. Ger kept up the pressure, took france and then next turn started dropping italins into britain. Allies were stretched and Ger had 12 units in Britain in 2 turns, Brit fell in Oct40 russian entry was 40% and the Americans just declared war.

Good game, some very strange situations on both sides and some very bad luck on turn 1 for the allies hunting the Uboats, both BB and CR suprised and hit for 5 each. Nor Sea became a bloodbath when the Ger fleet sortied and caught the brit fleet N of Den, 1 BB destroyed and another a 5.

Looking forward to playing Hubert, and now some ladder play.

all in all very enjoyable ....!!!!

:D

Originally posted by IrishGuards:

Suffice to say it was a good match. Ger invaded and took Low Countries on turn 2. Poland and Den fell on turn 4. this led to the Italian entry jumping 25% in 1 turn as the allies in the Med set up to take out italy. His time table was ruined as italy was now 100% and coming in if he did not invade immediately.

Yeah first time i've seen italy go from 76 to war in one turn really screwed me there.

Originally posted by IrishGuards:

the 2 brit corps only landed and the french were allready hurting in europe.

Yeah france fell in like 3 turns it was sick i've never seen it get rolled so bad my units fought like unsupplied leaderless minors. I may have to rethink getting a hq for france on turn 1. It was discusting. Fell so fast i couldn't get a unit out. Needless to say this left nothing to defend sealion with.

Only thing the allies managed was to take Tirana and Palmero. Bari was unholdable after the unexpected entry.

All in all it was a sad game for the allies.

The Battle for the Med. was alot of fun transports every where a real shell game.

I was wondering how this would turn out.

However, this was a very short AAR for such a key game...

Heuristic, I just don't understand how the gambits didn't work!

Irish Guards, I'm glad Heuristic beat me. It feels better that way....

And please, let the AAR against Hubert please go on for a few postings. Please?

Brian

Yes we never really did post a detailed AAR and I will gets my thoughts together and post a more detailed report for all to see, I remember it fairly clearly and think that huer will agree. he can also give his comments as I gave him my p/w to look at the files he saved.

Guards smile.gif