AAR WST: Zappsweden (Axis) vs Avatar (Allies)

zappsweden

July 5, 1942:

Axis surrender!

Final Jet Techs:

Russia L3

UK L1

USA L1

Germany L0

My maximum chits were:

Long-Range 5

Jet 3

Anti-Tank 1

Anti-Aircraft 1

I still had Jet L0 and only Long-Range L1 when game ended. Iraque was lost. Spain was also tough. Three L1 USA jets versus 4 German L0 Jets. Axis had no front expanding and Allies had MPP advantage.

Depite catch-up system I could not get any jet techs. The Iraque and Sicily were mistakes that contributed to the loss. However, Allies were very strong without Iraq and could have attacked with 8-9 unopposed air in eastern front whenever they decided.

[ January 08, 2004, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Good game Zapp

Just wanted to go through the highlights at the end

- Russia starts with 4000mpp, buys 6 jets in 3 turns + 5 jet tech. gets L3 Jets by turn 5. Axis on defensive on east. Russia builds no extra armies, tanks, concentrates solely on air and HQ. Finland falls quickly (take out the port!), and soon, because of the Iraq open door, Soviet troops are pouring into the outskirts of Baghdad. Soviet Air Fleets destroy weak italian units outside Baghdad while Luftwaffe is occupied in Spain. Russia is very strong at the end.

- Axis invades spain (mistake on Zapp's part, I thought he should have concentrated solely on Baghdad until it was taken, even with the soviet presence). Allies intervene early because of placement of US/UK Fleets. They end up damaging the Italian Fleet, sinking 1, heavily damaging 2. 1 BB sunk by Luftwaffe, 1 damaged by italian sub. Spain is slow for him, but I couldn't fully oppose him. 3 more armies were on the way however and USA had 3 Air in Spain, as well UK had 1.

Good game overall, I thought I had lost earlier when I frivolously threw away the canadian units and had 2 BB's sunk. I even bothered reinforcing Egypt with an Army (which was subsequently lost).