Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Try the Turkey Axis, Italy Neutral Game

Edwin P.

And Il Duce is bound and gagged in a closet! smile.gif

Sounds interesting Edwin, tried similar ideas, but never this one.

I think you'll need to put Minor Allies on historical setting to get Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria into the Axis, correct?

Also, how does this effect USSR war readiness?

JerseryJohn,

You can leave the Minor Allies as Random, they will still join the Axis. USSR war readiness jumps to 54% but stays there for quite a while.

I have played 2 games vs humans with this and it totally changes the game. The Allies have more freedom to move and the Russians are have to guard a wider front. German activity in the Med is limited until Yugoslavia Coups and they will find it much harder to take Vichy France and Spain. So it seems to remain balanced (perhaps tipping slightly towards the Allies)

The problem playing the AI is that the Allied AI does not know what to do in this scenario with the UK forces and the Axis AI will not take the Nordic countries which they need to offset the MPP loss from not having Italy.

[ February 26, 2004, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

"The problem playing the AI is that the Allied AI does not know what to do in this scenario with the UK forces and the Axis AI will not take the Nordic countries which they need to offset the MPP loss from not having Italy."

Edwin,

Thanks for sharing that, it's an interesting situation. With the AI as Allies I'd try giving them Iraq from the start and also some units, including an HQ in Egypt -- maybe starting that HQ in Iraq would be better as the AI likes to pack HQs near Alexandria off to the UK!

A problem with that approach is the AI will also tend to clump those units in Syria and when France goes, those units go as well!

Working with the AI is very tricky, something about it's methods makes me suspect Hubert is a big Monte Python fan. -- Hey, I also love those shows, okay?! :D

Games with Turkey involved are fun!

Kurt and I are playing a game with Turkey Allied... Italy still in the war of course. It is pretty interesting. A multinational force (UK, US, USSR) is pushing up the Balkans and the UK has a strong naval force in the Med including 2 carriers. Lots of air on the map...

FF

FF - I agree that Games with Turkey are fun, especially against other humans.

JJ - I will try a few ideas to aid the Allied AI in this sceanrio (the AI in SC2 should be much improved) and let you know what I find out.

PS: I always give the US an HQ to start with as the AI will often invade France without a US HQ being built.